Namibia Students Financial Assistance Fund (NSFAF) would like to congratulate the 2023 awardees and welcome them on board. As the premium funder of Higher Education and Vocational education, successful graduation and completing your studies on time is of interest to the Fund.
2023 Awardees Update:
Out of the 22 178 approved for funding, 19 243 contracts are issued, 16 689 students have signed their contracts and 2 554 are expected to return their signed contracts. The remaining, 2 935 are yet to confirm their 2023 academic registration. It is important to note that for all students that were provisional awarded as per the lists uploaded on the NSFAF website, such lists have been shared with respective local Institutions of Higher Learning (IHLs), and the IHLs allowed them to sit for examinations.
Continuing Students – Payment Update:
• The payment of students whether tuition or non-tuition is made after confirmation of Invoices received from Institutions of Higher Learning to confirm passing progression to the next academic year. Once invoices are submitted to NSFAF, full verification and validation takes effect to ensure correct disbursement to beneficiary. Also Read: NSFAF 2023 PAYMENT SCHEDULE DATE
• In April 2023, we received invoices from only one IHL hence impacting on the NSFAF 2023 payment calendar.
• On the 26th of May 2023, first monthly payment was released (April & May) to beneficiaries. Another payment is slated to be released on Friday, 9 June 2023.
The Fund has implemented the payment of Non-tuition fees (N$ 17,000) on a monthly basis -the following applies
• Only to Students who are entitled to receive non-tuition fees.
• Students will receive a monthly N$ 2, 400 as from April to September while N$ 2,600 will be paid for the month of October 2023. (Payment schedule indicated below) students who has not received any payment their money will be paid in the subsequent month.
• As customary students in hostel who are entitled to Non- Tuition fees their fees will be paid directly to their respective Institution of Higher Learning.
• New intakes – are advised to sign their contracts on time and upload with their Proof of Registration together on their portal.
• Equally, all 2023 awarded students with award letters and received an sms notification are encouraged to visit the respective Bank Windhoek Branches across the country to obtain their Bank Windhoek Payment Card so that NSFAF can start processing their non-tuition payments.
Please take note that Monthly payments are scheduled as per the table below.
- June Friday, 09 June 2023
- June Wednesday, 28 June 2023
- July Friday, 28 July 2023
- August Monday, 28 August 2023
- September Thursday, 28 September 2023
- October Friday, 27 October 2023