TRIMESTER 2 NSFAS BURSARY APPLICATIONS WINDOW IS EXTENDED TO 09 JUNE 2023.
Apply now for NSFAS Trimester 2 funding.
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) extends Bursary applications for trimester 2. All those yet to apply can still apply following this news. Read on
NSFAS is a government entity under the Department of Higher Education and Training established according to the NSFAS Act (Act 56 of 1999) to provide financial support to disadvantaged students who wish to further their studies at public universities or TVET colleges.
Do you wish to study or are already studying at a public university or TVET college and come from a family with an income of R350 000 or less, then you can still apply and here is how.
Requirements to apply
- Must be South African citizen / permanent resident
- Combined gross household income should not exceed R350 000 per annum
- Combined gross household income (persons living with disabilities) should not exceed R600 000 per annum
- SASSA recipients automatically qualify on financial eligibility
- Must have email and cell phone number
- Copy of student ID / Birth certificate
- Copy of parent/s or guardian/ spouse ID
- Smart card: both sides of card required
- Proof of income (where applicable)
- Persons living with disability (Disability Annexure A form)
- An applicant who is recognised as a vulnerable child by the Department of Social Development must provide a completed and Vulnerable
- Child Declaration form completed by a social worker
- An applicant who has indicated that s/he has no family member details and or abridged birth certificate must complete the Declaration: Non-SASSA
Based on the application type, the system will generate a list of required documents for upload. We do not accept any affidavits or driverâ€™s license as proof of ID.
How to apply
- Go to the NSFAS website.
- Click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab and complete the sections on the screen.
- Upload required supporting documents where applicable.
- Then ‘Submit’