NSFAS News: 2022 Appeal Process Begins
In todays latest NSFAS News 2022 – The South Africa National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) applicants who were unsuccessful in their 2022 funding application can now appeal the scheme’s decision.
NSFAS announced that their appeals process was opening on Monday, January 24, and will be closing on February 23.
The appeals process follows the two-week extension of NSFAS funding applications which ended last week.
However, if you have applied and have had your student funding application declined, you still have the option to lodge an appeal on your application. According to a statement released to higher learning institutions throughout the country, NSFAS appeals are now open will close on 23 February 2022.
NSFAS further stated that it has now been enhanced to enable more direct interaction with students during the appeals process. This feature was initially available to first-time applicants and has now been extended to returning students.
In order to appeal your NSFAS application, you must the NSFAS website, www.nsfas.org.za, and download a NSFAS appeal form.
Print out and fill out the form by hand. The form should be accompanied by a letter requesting the board to reconsider their decision not to give you financial aid.
Alternatively, you can submit your appeal online by following the steps listed below:
- Log into your “MyNSFAS” account on www.nsfas.org.za
- Click the ‘Track Funding Progress’ option
- Check the application progress tabs
- If your application status reflects an unsuccessful message, you may submit an appeal by clicking on the ‘Submit Appeal Tab’
- Once you are on the ‘Application Appeal’ page, you can see the reason for your unsuccessful application status
- You are then able to motivate in writing the reasons for appealing your application status
- Your motivation must not exceed 1000 characters (words including spaces)
- Then upload certified supporting documents to support your motivation. You may submit up to 5 documents.
- Then click ‘Submit Appeal ‘
- You may now track the progress of the appeal on your myNSFAS account.
It is also important to submit your appeal early to ensure that any additional documents required can be submitted on time. Additionally, appeals with outstanding documents will be left open for 14 days, after which they will automatically be closed if the required documents are not provided.
At most, it usually takes 30 days for NSFAS to respond to appeals .