NSFAS News – 2022 TVET College Application Dates Announced
Nsfas News Today – NSFAS has sent a communication to all TVET Colleges which state the advised application dates for 2022.
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) has provided TVET Colleges with the following opening and closing dates for the 2022 applications:
- Trimester 1: 9 March 2022 – 22 March 2022
- Semester 2: 4 July 2022 – 22 July 2022
- Trimester 2: 10 August 2022 – 19 August 2022
NSFAS has advised colleges that have appealed to the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) for an extension of applications to take advantage of this opening of applications to meet their enrolment targets.
The methods of applying are as follows:
- Walk-in Online Application Platform: Super User (Student captures their application in the college computer lab).
- Assistive Capture Application Platform: Application captured by TVET official on behalf of the student.
NSFAS will arrange for Metrofile to collect the completed application forms with supporting documents, that have been captured onto the NSFAS application portal and scanned on RS Web from colleges, immediately after the closing dates.
TVET Colleges are also encouraged to stay within their budget allocations for the 2022 academic year.
Students who wish to appeal their NSFAS applications are reminded that they may do so via their myNSFAS account and not via their TVET College. Appeals will need to be submitted immediately when they receive an unsuccessful application status.
The appeals process should take about 30 days and once a decision has been made, NSFAS will upload it to the student’s myNSFAS profile.