DEADLINE :April 21st 2020 at 5pm.
CALLING ALL FILIPINO YOUTHS! Make the most out of your time during the enhanced community quarantine by joining the NYC Spoken Poetry Contest: COVID-19 ka lang, Kabataang Pinoy Kami!
Entries are now open for the Filipino National Youth Commission (NYC) Spoken poetry contest Covid-19 kalang kabataang pinoy kami.
Spoken poetry is a form of poetry where the author will present his poem to an audience or out loud using narration. (HINT)
NYC SPOKEN POETRY CONTEST COVID-19 KALANG KABATAANG PINOY KAMI
THEME : Activities youth can do from home that might be productive for their family and community.
THEME 2 : Expressing or showing gratitude and appreciation to our frontiers
- 1st place – php 10.000
- 2nd place = php 8.000
- 3rd place = php 5.000
- 4th place = php 4.000
- 4 consolation prizes = php 1.000 each
- Open to 15-30 years old Filipino citizens
- Spoken poetry must be an original composition with title,it could be written in Filipino or in English.
- The piece must be related to the two themes mentioned above (Note- it must not contain any malicious and offensive content.
- Recite/deliver the piece showing the composer in 2-3 minutes video,Wear an appropriate attire.
- The video must be taken inside your home(can be filmed inside the room,living room or kitchen,etc) Video entries taking outside will be disqualified
- Instrumental or musical background are allowed to compliment the delivery.No deduction will be made if the contestant decide to opt not to have a musical background.
- Submit two soft copies of the written composition and the video with subject heading “ENTRY – NYC SPOKEN POETRY CONTEST to [email protected]
- Deadline for submission is April 21st 2020 at 5pm.
- After screening,NYC will select the top 8 video entries and will be posted on the official NYC Facebook page on April 25th 2020 for viewing and audience impact. (Note: for audience impact scores,only the likes,shares and views made in the video from the NYC page shall be counted).
- Winners will also be posted on the NYC Facebook page on May 4th 2020
- For queries,you may reach us by sending an email to [email protected] with subject heading QUERY : NYC SPOKEN POETRY CONTEST
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING
- Relevance to the theme and concept = 40%
- the content must be relevant to either of the two themes or combination of both.
- content must have a powerful and meaningful message to the audience.
2. Delivery = 30%
- Facial expression,hand body gestures reiterated the components of the spoken piece
- clear enunciation and pronunciation
3. Audience Impact – 15%
- aggregate number of likes, views and shares on the official NYC Facebook page
- Creativity = 15%
- style and originality
For more Information: Visit the webpage for NYC SPOKEN POETRY CONTEST 2020 FOR FILIPINO YOUTHS