Deadline: January 7th, 2023
Ochsnerhealth Administrative Finance Fellowship Program 2023-2025
The Ochsnerhealth Administrative Finance Fellowship Program serves as a means to help develop a fellow’s career by fostering their professional development and providing broad experiences within health care, specifically in the Finance arena. Fellows will have the opportunity to be exposed to unique projects throughout their rotations in order to cultivate competencies that are critical to the success of the fellow.
Ochsnerhealth offers 1-2 Finance Administrative Fellowship positions yearly. Over the 24 month period, the Fellows have the opportunity to rotate through and experience aspects of the hospitals, clinics, corporate office and any of the other entities in which organizational needs are identified and fellow interest is expressed. Administrative Fellows are exposed to a broad range of hands-on experiences that will prepare them for a successful career in healthcare. Jeff Saucier, System Vice President of Financial Planning and Analysis acts as the preceptor for the Fellows and coordinates involvement with all levels of administration within the organization. Fellows will concentrate on areas associated with finance to obtain maximum understanding of healthcare finances and revenue, as well as rotate through areas related to their own interests and career objectives.
Fellows will focus on core competencies related to Medical Operations within Hospital & Clinic Settings, Revenue Cycle, General Accounting Functions, Operational Finance Functions and Corporate Structure. After the completion of these rotations, fellows will experience a more focused training associated with organizational need matched with candidate’s interest.
Each rotation will serve as a learning experience for the fellow by testing abilities, as well as instilling applicable system and divisional knowledge related to the strategic plan of our organization. Applicable project work will be assigned within each rotation in order to ensure the Fellow’s progress is meeting the expectations of the program. In addition to departmental designated projects, fellows will also have the opportunity to seek out projects that meet their personal career objectives.
Fellows will have the opportunity to gain in-depth experience and knowledge of health care finance. Rotational assignments include Decision Support, Revenue Cycle, CFO-Main Campus and South Shore Clinics, Community Hospitals and Clinics, Operations, and a specialized Project Work rotation with the program’s preceptor.
Leadership & Mentoring
Professional development is a fundamental component of the Finance Administrative Fellowship Program. Fellows are assigned a preceptor who will be responsible for serving as a mentor throughout the fellowship. Project reporting, progress evaluations, and feedback will be facilitated by preceptors to ensure continuous competency development of each fellow. Fellows will also have the opportunity to collaborate with executives and senior administration throughout the duration of the program. Examples of Fellow participation and leadership interaction include:
- Monthly Operating Reviews
- System Quarterly Reviews
- Bi-weekly CFO Meetings
- Financial Planning & Analytics Training
- Executive Retreats
- Professional Healthcare Conferences
- Various Senior Leadership Meetings
- Strategic Planning Sessions
- MedPAC planning/attendance
Applicant Qualifications – Ochsnerhealth Administrative Finance Fellowship Program 2023-2025
The prospective Finance Fellow must have completed the didactic portion of an accredited graduate program. Preferred candidates must possess at least one of the following credentials:
- Master of Finance or Accounting
- Master of Business Administration w/Finance Concentration
- Master of Healthcare Administration or Master in Public Health (requires undergraduate concentration in finance/accounting)
- Or other related accredited graduate program w/undergraduate concentration in finance/accounting with a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
How to apply – Ochsnerhealth Administrative Finance Fellowship Program 2023-2025
The Finance and Human Resources fellowship application deadlines have been extended to January 7, 2023 at 5 p.m. CST
Our application deadline is now closed for five of our seven concentrations – Operations, Supply Chain, Nursing, Revenue Cycle and Information Systems. Thanks to all the applicants that applied. We are in the process of reviewing all applications and will be contacting candidates beginning Friday, September 30.
The Finance and Human Resources fellowship application deadlines have been extended to January 7, 2023 at 5 p.m. CST. All applications must be submitted through the apply here link on this website.
We have made changes to the application submittal process this year and instructions have been included. Application submittals must include the following items to be considered.
- Submit Application through the form below
- Professional Statement that includes specifics on:
- Why you have chosen a career in healthcare
- Why you are interested in Ochsner Health and how do you exhibit the Ochsner values: Patients First, Integrity, Compassion, Inclusivity, Excellence and Teamwork
- What are your post fellowship goals and how will Ochsner’s Fellowship program assist you in achieving these goals?
- Current Resume/CV
- Unofficial graduate transcript
- One PDF Emailed to Include:
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation – must include name, title and contact phone number and must be signed (strongly recommend LOR from a variety of sources) NOTE: References who prefer to send letters directly to Ochsner should be sent to concentration email address and MUST include candidates full name in subject line. Letters must be received by specified concentration deadline for application to be considered.
All documentation MUST be received by specified concentration deadline to be considered.
Fellowship Start Date: July 2023