February 28th, 2022
Opec Fund Begins 2022 Young Professional Development Program (YPDP)
The OPEC Fund’s Young Professional Development Program (YPDP) is a structured two-year program designed to prepare young professionals from the OPEC Fund’s member countries for a career in global development. We are currently seeking applicants with a passion for and commitment to international development who demonstrate academic excellence and relevant professional experience. OFID especially wants to hear from those with the drive and ambition to help developing countries address their most pressing challenges in the quest for social, environmental, and economic progress.
- OPEC Fund member country national
- 30 years of age or younger at the time of application
- Have obtained at least a Master’s degree from a reputable university
- Excellent academic performance
- Be fluent in English
- Proficiency in one or more languages is desirable
- Have a minimum of 3 years of work experience
- Specialize in a field relevant to the OPEC Fund’s operations such as Engineering, Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Information Technology, Law, Human Resources, and any other relevant discipline
- Ability to work in a global and culturally diverse institution
- An understanding of the OPEC Fund’s mandate
- Willingness to serve the OPEC Fund, if selected, for a minimum of two years upon completion of the Program
- In short, the YPDP offers training, coaching and mentoring, the opportunity to experience different fields of work and to access professional networks. The program equips young professionals with the skills and knowledge to meet the minimum requirements for an entry-level position with the OPEC Fund.
- The YPDP will enable young professionals to develop an appreciation of how different departments / units contribute to the OPEC Fund’s overall strategic and operational goals.
- Under the structured talent management program, participants will have the opportunity to contribute to achieving the OPEC Fund’s vision of a world where sustainable development is a reality for all.
- YPDP participants will gain valuable on-the-job experience, a wide range of relevant learning and developmental opportunities, rotation among different departments and benefit from a coaching/mentoring arrangement.
- After participants have successfully completed the two-year program, they may be offered a job at the OPEC Fund, based on their performance and the business need.
Deadline for applications
The deadline for applications is February 2022. Successful applicants are chosen following a rigorous selection process. Those offered a place on the YPDP are expected to respond within two weeks.
To apply, candidates must submit:
- A YPDP online application form
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- An application essay (in Word or PDF format)
- Academic certificates and transcripts.
- Please ensure you meet the minimum eligibility criteria, outlined above;
- Please upload the Application essay and transcripts under the “Additional documents” section of the application form;
- Please submit a valid and current email address. Email us at [email protected] with new contact details should they change during the application process;
- Answer all the questions in the application form; and
- Please ensure that your application essay adheres to the below guidelines.
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the OFID Young Professional Development Program 2022