OR Tambo School of Leadership Ruth First Leadership Development Proramme 2023 Application
The Ruth First Leadership Development Programme is a three-year political education project of OR Tambo School of Leadership which provides a unique opportunity for activists and aspiring leaders to develop themselves.
The objective of the programme is to equip young people with tools to analyse society so as to design processes and programmes to effect change and address today’s challenges.
The Ruth First Leadership Development Programme is named after Ruth First, a journalist, political activist and revolutionary scholar, whose life was dedicated to the struggle for human emancipation.
The programme aims to develop and equip young leaders to continue the legacy of revolutionaries such as Ruth First who were committed to fight for the emancipation of all South Africans and humanity in general.
Ruth First Leadership Development Proramme 2023 – ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
• Must be between the ages of 18 – 40 years
• Must have completed the 4 online modules of Introduction to Political Studies (Prerequisite Courses)
• Must be a member of the Progressive Youth Alliance or active in Civil Society/ NPOs/ NGOs, Trade Unions, and Community-Based Organisations
• Young activists interested in political education and training.
Each participant of the Ruth First Leadership Development Programme will be expected to:
• Complete at least 2 OR Tambo School Strategic Courses per year
• Attend classes to be held every Saturday for 4 hours, for 6 weeks per course. • Read course materials and other prescribed materials
• Write assessments and submit them on time.
Kindly note that if you do not receive correspondence from OR Tambo School by 12 May 2023, please consider your application unsuccessful. In the instance that your application is unsuccessful, we encourage you to apply the following year.
HOW TO APPLY FOR Tambo School of Leadership website: www.ortamboschool.org.za