Overberg Water Board General Worker Vacancies for South Africans
The Overberg Water Board invites South African unemployed to apply for General Worker vacant post.
Position: General Worker
Reference Number: OPS0823
Location: Heidelberg, Gauteng
- Ability to read, interpret and convey manual and electronic data i.e: meters gauges, data loggers etc
- Assist with general maintenance, ground keeping, housekeeping of premises
- Handling and transportation of water quality samples, chemicals and other heavy materials or equipment.
- Complete work procedures forms, timesheets, stock-sheets, log-sheets, job cards, and other associated reporting forms
- Assist with pipe-bursts, cleaning of reservoirs, sediment tanks and filters.
- Clearing, processing and disposal of grass, reedbeds, sludge and other foliage or waste General cleaning and maintenance of the purification plant, scheme offices and buildings.
- Carry out other building maintenance activities.
- Keep inventory of all plant consumables required for operational activities, housekeeping, and any other activities identified within the plant
- Carry out reasonable and lawful instructions given by the line manager or supervisor within the ambit of the position taking into account competencies and operational requirements
- Safeguard of the plant assets
- Adhere to related statutory and regulatory requirements for water and wastewater facilities
- Although based at specific facility, incumbents may need to rotate/travel to other sites and/or areas based on business operational demands
REQUIREMENTS – Overberg Water Board General Worker Vacancies
- Grade 12 or Matric and/or relevant training
- Unendorsed code B driver’s license
- Excellent communication, writing and people skills
- Ensuring ethical standards adherence to statutory requirements of all legislations
- Willingness to work shifts/standby and physical fits, weekend, holidays
- Minimum of six (6) months experience as a general worker.