Palabora Copper Bursary 2023 Application for Ba-Phalaborwa Communities
Palabora Copper (Pty) Ltd hereby invites Ba-Phalaborwa Communities who wish to further their studies in any recognized South African Universities or Universities of Technology, to apply for a bursary. These bursaries are awarded on academic merit only.
Bursaries opportunities are available for the following disciplines for 2023 academic year:
- Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mining Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Process Control/ Instrumentation, Computer Science, Environmental Health, Geology
Selection and qualifying criteria:
- Must be a South African Citizen.
- Grade 12 learners (Preference will be given to candidates with excellent academic record)
- High performing undergraduate students enrolled on a fulltime study and, not currently receiving sponsorship
- Must be between 16 – 35 years old with no criminal record.
- Short-listed applicants may be required to undergo psychometric / pre-screening assessments and interviews
Documents to be submitted with the application:
- Certified June results for applicants currently in Matric
- Certified full recent academic record if applicants already at Tertiary
- Certified matric certificate
- Certified copy of a South African ID
- Acceptance letter from the Institution
- Proof of residential address for Ba-Phalaborwa communities (i.e. Maseke, Lulekani, Makhushane, Namakgale, Benfarm, Selwane, Mashishimale, and Phalaborwa Town) e, g Municipal letter or Tribal Authority letter, certified by a commissioner of Oaths
- Bursaries are awarded initially for one year. Renewal is subject to satisfactory academic progress and conduct during the year of study
- Only institutions registered with DHET will be considered
- There is no obligation from PMC to offer student vacation work and internship program
- The bursary covers registration, tuition, accommodation, meals, pre-scribed books allowance and a laptop
How to Apply – Palabora Copper Bursary 2023 Application for Ba-Phalaborwa Communities
- Interested and qualifying candidates must please apply online at: https://traininganddevelopment.simplify.hr/
- Use Google Chrome when accessing the portal
- No late applications will be considered
“People with disability and females are encouraged to apply”
Communication will be limited to shortlisted applicants. If you do not hear from us by the 22 December 2022, please consider your application unsuccessful. No regret letters will be sent.