Deadline: 17th January 2019
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: POLITICAL LEADERSHIP AND MENTORSHIP PROGRAM FOR NIGERIAN WOMEN
Purpose: It is essential for women participation in decision-making to have their interests incorporated into governance. The governance structures at the federal and state and local government levels are not inclusive and limit the involvement of women.
Since women have different needs and perspectives on social and political issues, it is necessary to involve women in governments to incorporate all of the societal viewpoints in policy and decision-making processes. Women are actively involved in household and community work and hence well aware of real issues faced by everyday people. Their role gives them insight and perspective which can be instrumental in overall sustainable development.
It is on this premise that the Rule of Law and Empowerment Initiative also known as Partners West Africa Nigeria (PWAN) is seeking to set up a political leadership and mentorship program for young women. The program would have at least fifteen (15)participants drawn from different parts of the country.
APPLICATION TO PARTICIPATE IN THE LEADERSHIP AND MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION:
1. Interested persons must be female Nigerians between the age of 25 years – 40 years.
2. Must be passionate about good governance.
3. Must be willing to complete the program (maximum of three months)
4. Priority will be given to candidates who reside in Anambra, Adamawa, Benue, Ebonyi, Gombe, Kaduna, Ogun, Plateau, Sokoto, Taraba and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
5. Interested persons should record and upload a one minute video clip introducing themselves and expressing interest in the program on either Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. The video should be sent to directly to any of our social media handles @partnersnigeria on Instagram/Twitter and Partners West Africa-Nigeria on Facebook and to these email addresses [email protected] CC [email protected]