TRANSFER OF PRESIDENTIAL YOUTH EMPLOYMENT INITIATIVE FUNDS TO SCHOOLS- PYEI Pays Outstanding Stipend To Limpopo EA’s and GA’s School Asisstant
1. The above matter has reference.
2. This circular seeks to apologize to schools for the delay in transferring the PYEI funds to schools thereby causing delays in the payment of stipends to the appointed assistants. The District had a shortfall in the amount transferred hence the delay.
3. Through the engagement with the provincial office, we have now received the outstanding amount on the 20th of September 2023.
4. We have captured the remaining schools and the payment will go through the next run which will be on the 29 of September 2023.
5. The amount transferred will cover the allocations for stipend as well as data due to all the teacher Assistants.
6. Schools should therefore ensure that all teacher assistant receive the money due to them as per the allocations.
7. Apologies for all the inconvenience caused and appreciating your cooperation.
Since its launch in 2020, the Presidential Youth Employment Initiative in the Basic Education Sector (PYEI-BEEI) in the Basic Education Sector has created more than 850 000 job opportunities and is now in Phase IV.
The Presidential Youth Employment Intervention (PYEI) is South Africa’s most comprehensive effort yet to address this crisis. Its goal is to transition young people successfully from learning to earning. To this end, the intervention brings together the strengths of numerous government institutions and social partners to deliver more opportunities for young people.