Real World Challenge 2020 Outbreak Whats Next for?
REAL WORLD CHALLENGE by OWN Academy is an online competition series targeting students of ages 12 to 19 that prompts them to analyze, imagine,and reflect on how COVID-19 has left its mark on our world. It is a timely opportunity for students to consider our gains and losses from this trying time, to ruminate upon the concomitant societal concerns, and to envision the route ahead.
By encouraging students to express their ideas creatively, OUTBREAK: WHAT’S NEXT? is the name of the first competition that serves as a critical and effective space for discussion, innovation, and exploration.
- How should we move on from this #realworldchallenge that is a global pandemic?
Hey changemakers! COVID-19 is everywhere and is affecting everyone in the very here and now. It has taken away far too many lives and livelihoods and is disrupting our day-to-day in the most unexpected ways possible. How can we move on from this global pandemic – where do we go from here?
Did you know that 91% of the student population has had their education disrupted and that’s 1.5 billion students around the world?
Schools had been in suspension for the past months, international exams were canceled and our learning routine turned upside down. Many cities are still under lockdown and international travel may not return to normal anytime soon. We are approaching the summer months but the reality is that students around the world may continue to be stuck at home. If normal summer experiences are no longer available, how can we keep this summer productive and meaningful?
Every crisis is an opportunity. Welcome to OWN Academy’s Real World Challenge – Education Edition. We want to hear your creative ideas for an alternative learning engagement over the summer. Let’s brainstorm effective and innovative project ideas where students can have fun and learn at the same time.
Give us your best project ideas for the summer that students can participate in and make this summer not only exciting but memorable.
REAL WORLD CHALLENGE 2020 PRIZES
- Top 3 Winners will get cash prizes:
- 1st Place: $3,000 HKD / $380 USD
- 2nd Place: $2,000 HKD / $250 USD
- 3rd Place: $1,000 HKD / $120 USD
- Top 5 shortlisters will receive a Mentorship or Internship Opportunity (Can be offline or online)
- Ages 15 + : Internships with our partner organizations. This is where you can gain self-development opportunities, learn more, and get exposure to exciting industries. (*Paid internships are not guaranteed.)
- Ages 12 + : Mentorship opportunity through OWN Academy’s extensive network and obtain an experiential learning experience with industry experts.
Who is eligible to participate?
The challenge is designed mainly for young people ages 12 – 19.
However, we strongly encourage students below and above the age bracket to participate in OUTBREAK: WHAT’S NEXT? and will be evaluated on a case by case basis. We want to hear your voice and witness your creativity work magic.
The teams of OWN Academy and On Air Collective will shortlist the top 15 entries. These 15 entries will pitch at the virtual event on June 27, judges will select the top 3 submissions as winning project ideas based on our judging criteria.
For more Information: Visit the website for Real World Challenge 2020 Outbreak Whats Next for?