rscsc.ng | Rivers State Civil Service Recruitment 2023
Application for Employment with the Rivers State Civil Service Commission, Year 2023
To fill the underlisted vacant post in the state civil service, the Rivers State Civil Service Commission is hereby calling for application from suitably qualified candidates following the approval of his Excellency, Chief Barrister Nyesom Wike for the employment of Ten thousand eligible youths.
a. Applicants cannot be younger than 18 or older than 50.
b. Candidates must meet the minimal requirements of the open position.
c. Those who submit multiple applications will not be considered.
d. Current employees of the government of Rivers State are ineligible to apply.
1. If you’re applying for the position of accountant, you should have a relevant degree.
2. The ideal candidate for the position of administrative officer will have a background in the arts, humanities, or social sciences.
3. Architect Applicants must have passed the Final I exam given by the Nigeria Institute of Architects or hold a degree in architecture.
4. Candidates for the position of anesthetic technician are expected to have a degree or certificate in anesthetics.
5. Candidates for the position of assistant dental technologist are expected to hold an ND in dental technology.
6. Assistant Education Officer: National Certification in Education required.
7. An HND in Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Accountancy, Law, Insurance, Management, Banking and Finance, Quantity Surveying, Engineering, or Computer Science is required for the position of Assistant Procurement Officer.
8. For the position of auditor, a background in accounting is required.
9. Biomedical Engineering Technologists/Technicians: ND/HND in Related Field Required
10. A degree in Economics, Business Administration, Co-operative Management, Commerce, or Marketing is preferred for the position of Commercial Officer.
11. Secretarial Assistant: Degree in Secretarial Science Required
12. For the position of Cultural Officer, a background in the arts, music, theater, languages, or journalism is required.
13. A background in anthropology, history, sociology, the visual arts, or music is preferred for the position of curator.
14. For the position of Data Processing Officer, an ND in Computer Science or Data Processing is required.
15. A minimum of S.75 or JSSC/GCE (Ordinary level) with three credits at one sitting (or four credits at two sittings) is required for Data Processing Assistant positions.
16. Officer in the Dental Corps: A Doctor of Dental Surgery degree is required.
17. Technician in Dental Surgery; Dental Surgery diploma (ND) required.
18. An IIND in Dental Technology is required for consideration as a Dental Technologist.
19. For the position of Dental Therapist, an ND/IIND in Dental Therapy is required. 20. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s or higher in dietetics.
21. The ideal candidate for the position of dispensing optician will have a degree or certification in the field.
22. The ideal candidate will have a degree in Education and work as an Education Officer.
23. Professional Engineer: Degree in Engineering Required (Agriculture, Civil, Chemical, Marine, Gas, Electrical, Mechanical, Petroleum, Computer, Industrial etc).
24. Officer of Environmental Health. The ideal candidate will have a degree in Environmental Health Science/Management or a closely related field.
25. For the position of Environmental Health Superintendent, an HND in Environmental Health Science is required of all applicants.
26. For the position of Executive Officer (Accounts), a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Accountancy is required.
27. For the position of Executive Officer (Revenue), an HND in Accounting or Accountancy is required.
28. A ND in Business Administration/Studies or Public Administration is required for the position of Executive Officer (General Duties).
29. A degree in Zoology, Fisheries, Biology, Biochemistry, or Agriculture is required for the position of Fisheries Officer.
30. A degree in Geology is required for the position of Geologist.
31. A degree in Geology or Applied Geology is typically required for the position of hydrogeologist/hydrologist.
32. Officer of Information: Education in the Arts, Journalism, Mass Communication, the Social Sciences, or English is required.
33. A degree in accounting, business administration, or economics is typically required for a position as a tax inspector.
34. Officer of Labor Relations: Bachelor’s in Arts, Social Sciences, or Law required.
35. A degree in Estate Management or Land Economy is required for the position of Land Officer.
36. A degree in Library Studies is typically required for the position of librarian.
37. Candidates for the position of Livestock Officer are expected to hold a degree in agriculture, animal husbandry/production, zoology, range management, or a related field.
38. For the position of Medical Imaging Technician, an ND in Medical Imaging Technology is required.
39. Radiologic Technologist/Radiographer: Bachelor’s/Higher National Diploma in Radiography or Medical Imaging Technology required.
40. Candidates without a degree in Medical Laboratory Science will not be considered.
41. To be eligible for registration with the Institute of Medical Laboratory Technology of Nigeria as a Technician cadre, candidates must have a minimum of a three-year training program under their belt and a WASC/SSCE.
42. The minimum qualifications for a position as a medical laboratory technologist in Nigeria are a four-year degree from an accredited medical laboratory technology program, registration with the Medical Laboratory Council of Nigeria for Health Technologists, and Associate Membership in the Institute of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Nigeria.
43. Officer in Charge of Medical Affairs Requires a Medical or Surgical Degree (MBBS or MBBCH)
44. A Medical Records Technician must have completed a three-year training program and be a member in good standing of the Association of Medical Records Technicians, the Chartered Institute of Secretaries and Administrators, and the Institute of Medical Laboratory Technology for Technician Cadres.
45. The position of Nursing Officer requires applicants with a relevant degree.
46. Candidates for the position of Nursing Superintendent are expected to hold an RN or LMN license.
47. Candidates without a Doctor of Optometry degree or its equivalent will not be considered.
48. Candidates for the position of Orthopedic Cast Technologist are expected to have a certificate or degree in the field.
49. The ideal candidate will have a degree in pharmacy.
50. A certificate in pharmacy assistance is required for this position.
51. Pharmacy Technician: Applicants must be licensed by the state.
52. Candidates for the position of physiotherapist are expected to hold a degree in the field and a membership certificate from the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists.
53. Officer of Planning: Economics and Statistics majors preferred.
54. A degree in Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Accountancy, Law, Insurance, Management, Banking and Finance, Quantity Surveying, Engineering, or Computer Science is preferred for the position of Procurement Officer.
55. A background in computer science, statistics, or mathematics is preferred for the role of programme analyst.
56. Candidates for the position of Quantity Surveyor are expected to hold a relevant degree.
57. Officer of Science (Health, Water Resources, Environment): Physics, Geophysics, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or Microbiology degree required.
58. A degree in sociology, physical or health education, social work, or a related field is required for the position of social welfare officer.
59. Qualifications for the position of Social Works Superintendent include a degree in Social Works or a National Diploma in Social Development.
60. The position of state counsel requires a candidate to have both a law degree and bar admission.
61. The ideal candidate will have a background in both statistics and mathematics.
62. Candidates for the position of surveyor are expected to have earned a bachelor’s degree in Land Surveying, Survey Engineering, Geodetic Science, or Geodetic Engineering.
63. HND in any of the Technical Officer Fields (Survey, Works, Town Planning, Water, Transport, Health, etc.) is required.
64. Candidate requirements include a bachelor’s degree in tourism, arts, or social sciences.
65. Candidates for the position of Town Planning Officer should have a four-year degree in either Town Planning or Urban and Regional Planning.
66. For the position of Veterinary Officer, a degree in Veterinary Medicine or Science is required.
67. Officer of Youth Development: Degree in Social Science or Health Education Preferred.
68. Craftsman/Artisan: FSLC and passing scores on the Trade Test Classes III, II, and I are required. 69. An ND in either Mass Communication or Cinematography is required of prospective cameramen.
70. The ideal candidates for the roles of cleaners and gardeners will be healthy and mobile.
71. A Junior Secondary School Certificate or GCE 0/Level in three subjects at one sitting is required for the position of clerical assistant.
72. A minimum of 4 credits at one sitting or 5 credits over two sittings on the WAEC/NECO is required for the position of Clerical Officer.
73. Drivers need a valid Class ‘C’ license in addition to an FSLC, S.75, WAEC, or NECO.
74. As a messenger, you need either 10 FSLC credits in one sitting or 5 FSLC credits in two sittings.
73. Drivers need a valid Class Driver’s License in addition to an FSLC, S.75, WAEC, or NECO.
74. Express-Mail Delivery Person: FSLC Required
75. Official Reporter: WAEC and a high school diploma are required, as is proof of computer proficiency.
76. The Federal Service Learning Certificate (FSLC) and training in the Nigerian Police, Military, or paramilitary are prerequisites for the position of security guard in Nigeria.
77. A WAEC, NECO, or SSCE is required for the position of store assistant.
78. Assistant in a Veterinary Laboratory: WAEC with a passing grade in Chemistry
79. Works Superintendent: Candidate must possess ND in relevant subject, NABTEB.
The deadline for applications is April 10, 2023.
Application Procedure for the Rivers State Government Civil Service Commission, 2023
1. All applications, along with the required supporting materials, must be submitted electronically (at no cost) through the Commission’s dedicated website (www.rscsc.ng).
i. Recent Photo for Passport
ii. Formal Application with Signatures
iii. Skills and Experience in the Field iv. Degree/HND/ND Certificate vs. WASC/SSCE/NECO
vi. Certificate of Completion of Primary School
vii. Proof of age or birth certificate required
viii. The Identification of Municipalities
ix. NYS Certificate of Completion or Waiver
x. Proof of a valid license to practice and membership in any applicable professional organizations
xi. All credentials must have been earned from established schools.
2. A hard copy of the completed application form must be printed and submitted by each applicant.
3. All selected candidates will be notified via the Rivers State Civil Service Commission website, email, and text message (www rscsc.ng)