SAFACOL Apprencticeship Opportunities for South Africans- ARTISAN DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
Applications are invited from unemployed youth who wish to pursue a career as an Artisan. The suitable candidates will be granted an opportunity to be enrolled at a recognised Training Centre to learn and develop as artisans over a period of three years. They will do the workplace training at our sawmill Timbadola near Louise Trichardt (Makhado).
Apprenticeship programme consist of the following artisan trades:
- Fitter & Turner
- Electrical Diesel Mechanic (Motor trade)
- Boiler Making
Learners will receive a monthly stipend for the duration of the apprenticeship. When making the final selec- tion, preference will be given to Previously Disadvantaged Individuals, people with disabilities, females and youths from communities adjacent to our plantations and communities we have signed social compact with. On successful completion of the occupational knowledge, practical and workplace learning, the Skills Development Act requires that apprentices undergo a final summative assessment (Trade test) to be certified as a qualified artisan.
- Must be South African Citizen
- Must be an unemployed youth between 18 to 35 years old
- Must have passed/completed grade 12 (not a prerequisite but recommended)
- Must have a minimum of N2 or Level 3 Technical Vocational, Education & Training (TVET) certificate with the rel- evant trade theory
How To Apply: SAFACOL Apprencticeship Opportunities for South Africans
Attach the following certified documents copies with your application:
- Highest TVET certificate obtained with relevant trade theory
- Matric Certificate/ statement of results/ High school results Identity document
- Curriculum Vitae
- Application letter
Applications can be emailed to: [email protected]
Queries to: Thina Ndou 013 754 2900/2700/ 083 675 1086
CLOSING DATE: 7 NOVEMBER 2023
By submitting your CV to SAFCOL, you hereby give permission to circulate your information to the interview panel members for this vacancy only. Your information will not be used for any other position/purpose and will be disregarded after an offer has been made. If you do not hear from us within a period of 30 days after the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.