SANBI: Administration Clerk 3 – EPWP Reporting X4 Opportunities – The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) iinvites suitably qualified candidates to apply for Administration Clerk 3: EPWP Reporting X4
Position: Administration Clerk 3: EPWP Reporting X4
Salary Level 5
SANBI offers basic annual salary of R202 233.00 plus 37% in lieu of benefits
Fixed-term contract ending 31 March 2025
Biodiversity Information and Policy Advice
Number of positions
Number of positions
Number of positions
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) is looking for self-motivated individuals to capture Expanded Public Works Programme (EPWP) outputs into EPWP reporting system for the Branch Programmes.
- This position requires a Grade 10
- Job specific qualification, or equivalent qualification at NQF 2 with 5 years of work experience in the relevant field or a Grade 12
- Job specific qualification or equivalent qualification at NQF 4 with 4 years of work experience in the relevant field.
- Higher education qualification/diploma, or equivalent qualification at NQF 5.
The following competencies are required for the candidates to be successful in this position: proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly in Excel and Word and some experience in customer service. The successful candidates should demonstrate high levels of attention to detail, accuracy and be able to work with a diverse team and independently.
Key Performance Responsibilities include:
- Maintain an electronic filing system;
- Capture monthly progress reports on the EPWP reporting systems;
- Verify data in spreadsheets and reports, and
- Provide general administrative support to data management unit.
1) An application form (obtainable from SANBI website: www.sanbi.org must accompany the CV together with a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for this position, and certified qualifications confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of meeting minimum qualifications and relevant experience will not be considered).
2) A competency test will be conducted as part of the selection process.
3) Applicants must also provide the full names, addresses and telephone numbers and if possible e-mail addresses of at least three referees.
4) Failure to submit the requested information and reference number shall result in your application not being considered.
Personal Information will be processed by SANBI for purposes of assessing your suitability for the advertised position. SANBI may also share your personal information including special personal information with service providers or third parties, both within the Republic of South Africa and in other jurisdictions, to carry out verification of qualifications and other necessary documents, background and reference checks, competency assessment tests, and criminal record checks. In this regard, by virtue of your application, you acknowledge that SANBI’s authorized verification agent(s) and service providers will access your personal information including special personal information to conduct background screening, verification of qualifications and other necessary documents, reference checks, competency assessment tests, and criminal record checks. For more information, kindly refer to SANBI’s website.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. . SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position. All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Contact Mr Veli Ngobse on Tel: +27 (0)21 7998636/8800 for any queries for purpose of clarity.
Follow these instructions to apply for these positions:
(1) log into and complete the form found on this link: https://forms.gle/PHsBSaJxTXoE6c2r5
(2) forward your completed application form motivation letter, a two page CV and certified qualifications to demonstrate that the minimum requirements and experience are met; via e-mail to [email protected]
(3) Applicants must provide the full names,
addresses and telephone numbers (and if possible, email addresses) of at least three references.
(4) Kindly use the correct reference number to apply for the area you are interested in. Failure to submit the requested information may result in your application not being considered
Closing Date: 9 November 2023
Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI. If no response has been
received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates must consider their applications unsuccessful.