Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions Experiential Learnership Opportunity. Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a global leading supplier in equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and infrastructure industries. Applications include rock drilling, rock cutting, loading and hauling, tunneling and quarrying. The focus lies on bringing value to customers through high-performing products that increase productivity and safety as well as to provide services and flexible maintenance programs that extend uptime and cut costs.
Follow established procedures and guidelines to provide timely and effective support to an office, business unit, department or other organization group.
- Perform routine administrative activities according to the organization’s established procedures.
- Enter information accurately into documents such as reports, presentations or forms; and office systems such as databases or spreadsheets.
- Prepare purchase orders and send copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests.
- Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
- Perform buying duties when necessary.
- Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
- Make standard calculations to accurately compile and report statistics.
- Respond to routine inquiries from external or internal sources about the organization, its activities, or processes so callers/visitors are answered promptly and accurately.
- Governance and compliance regarding supplier sourcing and selection, supplier management throughout life cycle, practical exposure to vetting and on-boarding of suppliers.
- Strategic sourcing – principles, methodology, BASE process, sustainability, practical exposure.
- Category management – category analysis and strategy determination – direct and indirect procurement, practical exposure.
- Supplier relationship management – basic principles and in practice.
- RF(x) processes – direct and indirect procurement – processes and methodology, practical exposure.
- Matric (Grade 12)
- TVET College Nated N5/N6 in Management Sciences
- Computer literacy
- Advanced Excel is an added advantage
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively
- English proficiency
How to Apply for Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions Experiential Learnership Opportunity
Please apply online through the Sandvik website www.home.sandvik/en/careers
Applications close: 12 October 2023
Please note that, should you not receive any response from us within 14 days, your application has been unsuccessful; we however thank you for your interest in our company.
In Line with our EE Plan, HDSA (Historically disadvantaged South African) candidates will be given first preference.
We offer an interesting role in an international business environment as well as opportunities for professional development. At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and, thereby, our customers