The South African Reserve Bank (SARB) invites passionate, innovative, and talented applicants to apply for its SARB 2024 Chartered Accountant (CA) Training Programme.
|Job Title||Chartered Accountant Trainee|
|Organization Name||SARB Academy – Operations and Technology|
|SARB Academy Department|
|The South African Reserve Bank (SARB) invites passionate, innovative and talented applicants to apply for its 2024 Chartered Accountant (CA) training programme.|
|The aim of the programme is to address the shortage of CAs in the SARB and in the country. Trainees will be given an opportunity to acquire competencies prescribed by the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA), reinforce prior academic education and develop business acumen, life skills, professional and ethical values.|
Format of the programme
As from 2023, the SARB has migrated to a SAICA CA 2025 framework. Trainees will be placed, on rotation, in the various departments and subsidiaries of the SARB, thus obtaining practical experience and a good overview of the business of central banking.
|Duration of the programme: Three years.|
|To be considered for the programme, candidates must:|
· have completed or in the process of completing a SAICA-accredited:
– Certificate in the Theory of Accounting (CTA); or
– Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting (PGDA) or an equivalent qualification;
· have an academic performance record average of at least 60%; and
· be a South African citizen.
Additional requirements include:
· strong analytical skills;
· good communication and interpersonal skills; and
· be curious, self-motivated and resilient.
How To Apply – SARB 2024 Chartered Accountant (CA) Training Programme
All interested parties are invited to apply.
Internal applicants MUST apply through the ERP system.
External applicants MUST apply online, via www.resbank.co.za.
· All the available vacancies will be visible.
· Please follow these links: WORK@SARB > Latest vacancies.
o Is this your first visit to our Job Site? > Register today (Ensure that you include all your skills and qualifications during the registration process.); or
o Already registered on our Job Site? > Already registered? > Login here.
· Select the ‘Date posted’ > ‘Last 3 weeks’ (in the drop-down menu).
· Select the appropriate IRC number to view the full advertisement.
Please include a copy of your academic transcript and your identity document with your application.
Shortlisted applicants will be subjected to a psychometric assessment, an appropriate reference check and a security clearance as part of the selection process.
Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
If you have not heard from us, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The closing date for applications is 30 September 2023. Late applications will not be considered.
In line with the SARB’s commitment to diversifying its workforce, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups. People with disabilities are welcome to apply.