SASSA News On May 2023 Grant Payments
In todays latest SASSA News – Sassa gives out multiple long-term grants to deserving recipients. The Older Persons Grant, the Disability Grant, the War Veterans Grant, the Child Support Grant, the Care Dependency Grant, the Foster Care Grant, and the Child Support Grant Supplement are all examples of these types of grants that are set in stone.
Permanent social payments would have inflation-linked hikes of R30 billion, as stated by Finance Minister Enoch Godongwana in February 2023. In April, grantees started receiving the additional funds.
Payments for the Sassa Grant will be as follows in May of 2023:
- Older Persons grant – R2,080
- Older Persons 75 years and older – R2,100
- Disability grant – R2,080
- War Veterans grant – R2,100
- Child Support grant – R500
- Child Support grant (Top-up) – R500 + R250
- Care Dependency grant – R2,080
- Foster Care grant – R1,120
- Grant-In-Aid – R500
In October of 2023, Sassa will receive an increase to several of her ongoing grants. The Social Relief of Distress (SRD) award is not a guaranteed source of income, and the R350 monthly allotment that recipients currently receive has not been increased in recent years.
Each month, Sassa’s grant payments to recipients begin in the first week. On Wednesday, May 3, 2023, the first installment of the older persons awards will be dispersed.
Dates of May 2023 Grant Payments
- Older Persons Grant – Wednesday, 3 May 2023
- Disability Grant – Thursday, 4 May 2023
- Children’s Grants – Friday, 5 May 2023