Sassa R350 Grant Payment Dates for October 2021
SASSA R350 Grant – During his “family meeting” on Sunday evening, President Cyril Ramaphosa gave an update about the R350 grant. The second round of the grant kicked off in the first week of August.
SASSA has now received near to 13 million applications for the R350 grant. Out of the millions of R350 grant applications received, 8.3 million SRD grant applications were approved.
Payments have commenced to those approved.
Around 4 million applications were declined. During his address on Sunday night, President Cyril Ramaphosa said this was mainly due to applicants having other sources of income or receive other grants or UIF funds.
Sassa grant payment dates for October 2021
- Older person’s allowance: Tuesday 5 October.
- Disability allowance: Wednesday 6 October.
- Children’s grants allowance: Thursday 7 October
- R350 Grant: No specific payments dates are given, but they will be actioned from Thursday 7 October AT THE EARLIEST.
- All grants: It’s worth noting that you DO NOT have to collect your grant on the exact day it is made available. The money will stay in your account until you’re ready to withdraw it.
SASSA is still in the process of approving 845 000 of the 13 million applications.
It has come to light that a number of SRD applicants were rejected though they qualified for the SRD grant according to the publicised criteria by SASSA.
Should you have applied, had your applications rejected and realised that you do qualify for the SRD grant, SASSA then encourages you to lodge an appeal through the SASSA SRD website which can be found at http://srd.sassa.gov.za.
SASSA has also emphasised that you do not need to be vaccinated to receive the grant. This comes after a fake message circulated on social media which said that vaccination forms part of the qualifying criteria.
Applications for the reinstatement of the grant first opened on 6 August with SASSA now having paid millions of South Africans their August R350 grant.