The She Code Africa (SCA) mentoring program is specifically designed to pair experienced individuals excelling in their specific tech fields with beginners in need of a guide and learning path while helping them grow in required ways in their career fields.
Sign up to participate as a mentor and share your incredible knowledge!
Eligible mentors must:
1. Be a member of the She Code Africa Community (bit.ly/joinscaslack)
2. Be well knowledgeable and experienced in their specified field
3. Be willing to work with the SCA team in creating a learning map / path for assigned mentees
4. Possess a working Laptop
5. Be willing to commit at least an hour a day to mentoring activities
6. Have great communication skills
How It works
Step 1: Indicate interest by confirming eligibility and applying
Step 2: Get an acceptance / rejection mail
Step 3: Upon being accepted, you will be paired with 2-3 mentees in your preferred field
Step 4: pairing list would be shared on the #mentors channel on our slack community (link above)
Step 5: Connect with your assigned mentees on the channel
Step 6: Work with the SCA team in creating a learning growth map on your field for your assigned mentees
Step 7: Work with assigned mentees using the approved learning map for the next 3 months
Step 8: Participate in monthly assessments of your mentees and the mentoring program
Step 9: Duly ensure your mentees complete the SCA mentoring program, by carrying out Item 1 and any of Item 2:
– Publish/Push a related project worked on during your mentee program
– Publish a technical article / Public speaking on a technical talk
We’ve set in a number of brilliant questions to help us understand your personality, skills and commitment to this program. Our questions may take an estimated 5 – 10 minutes to fill in with most of the time spent on the short essay section.
We advice you take your time and prepare ahead in filling it.