South Africa Department of Health and Wellness Social Work Vacancies (Grade 1-4)
The Department of Health and Wellness invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for Social Work Grade 1 to 4 vacant post.
POSITION: SOCIAL WORK: GRADE 1 TO 4
REFERENCE NUMBER: (5/8TH POST)
Chief Directorate: Rural Health Services
Grade 1: R184 008 per annum
Grade 2: R224 700 per annum
Grade 3: R270 219 per annum
Grade 4: R331 257 per annum
CENTRE : George Regional Hospital
Minimum educational qualification:
- Appropriate qualification that allows
registration with the South African Council for Social Service Professions.
Registration with a professional council:
- Registration with the South African
Council for Social Service Professions as a Social Worker.
Minimum of 10 years appropriate experience in social work after registration as a social worker with the SACSSP.
Minimum of 20 years appropriate experience in social work after registration as a social
worker with the SACSSP.
Minimum of 30 years appropriate experience in social work after registration as a social worker with the SACSSP.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Valid (Code B/EB) driver’s licence.
- Ability and willingness to be available for emergencies/mass incidents.
- Communication skills (both verbal and written) in at least two of the three official
languages of the Western Cape.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of mental healthcare-related acts, legislation
- Computer literacy (MS Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Proven leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Plan, coordinate and implement social worker program within the psychiatric
ward at George Hospital.
- Provide social work services including assessments, interventions and counselling to individuals, groups, and families.
- Enter partnerships with community stakeholders and NGOs to ensure continuity of care.
- Attend ward rounds, multidisciplinary meetings, and host family meetings.
- Ensure efficient and effective management of resources. Administration, including collecting, compiling, and presenting statistical data and monthly reports.
ENQUIRIES : Ms EV Bruinders Tel No: (044) 802-4410
How To Apply – South Africa Department of Health and Wellness Social Work Vacancies
Applicants apply online: www.westerncape.gov.za/health-jobs (click “online
NOTE : No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
CLOSING DATE : 13 October 2023