South African Reserve Bank x6 Security Official Recruitment Vacancies
|Job Title||Security Official x 6|
|Organization Name||Security Operations Division|
|Group Security Management Department|
|The main purpose of this position is to protect and safeguard the personnel, facilities and assets of the South African Reserve Bank (SARB) Head Office.|
|The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key performance areas:|
· Conduct access and egress control in the areas of operation.
· Conduct guarding, patrolling and escorting duties to safeguard the facility against illegal and/or unauthorised activity.
· Identify, respond to and report all security and emergency threats, signals and situations under all conditions.
· Monitor, maintain and ensure the optimal utilisation of all security systems, equipment and signals.
· Perform evacuations and emergency drills during emergencies.
· Perform administrative duties such as report-writing and completing electronic occurrence books and pocketbooks.
· Proactively broaden knowledge of functional area, displaying willingness to make improvements (including methods and practices).
|To be considered for this position, candidates must have:|
· a Grade 12 certificate or an equivalent NQF 4 qualification;
· a Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority (PSIRA) Grade C qualification;
· a competency certificate in the handling of firearms (i.e. a 9 mm pistol, a semi-automatic rifle and a shotgun);
· a minimum of two to five years of working experience in a security environment;
· sound knowledge and understanding of applicable legislation, including, but not limited to, the National Key Points (NKP) Act 102 of 1980 and Regulations, the Firearms Control Act 60 of 2000, the Criminal Procedure Act 51 of 1977, as well as all the policies, procedures and operational instructions of the SARB relating to the use of firearms;
· a level of medical, psychological and physical fitness commensurate with the inherent requirements of the position;
· professionalism, discipline and the physical fitness to work long hours; and
· the availability to work shifts (including weekends) and perform duties as required by operational circumstances.
Additional requirements include:
· following instructions and procedures;
· adapting and responding to change;
· writing and reporting;
· deciding and initiating action;
· adhering to principles and values;
· applying expertise and technology; and
· coping with pressures and setbacks.
The following would be an added advantage:
· completed NKP training;
· completed PSIRA training; and/or
· exposure to physical and tactical security training.
How To Apply
All interested parties are invited to apply.
Internal applicant: Please note that internal applicants MUST apply through the ERP system. Apply now.
External applicant: External applicants MUST apply online, via www.resbank.co.za
· All available vacancies will be visible.
· Please follow the links: Work@SARB > Current vacancies.
· Login >
− Is this your first visit to our Job Site? > Register today (Ensure that you include all your skills and qualifications during the registration process.); or
− Already registered on our Job Site? > Already registered? > Login here.
· Select ‘Date posted’ > ‘Last 3 weeks’ (in the dropdown menu).
· Select the appropriate IRC number to view the full advertisement.
Do not enclose copies of your identity document or qualifications with your application.
Shortlisted applicants will be subjected to a psychometric assessment, an appropriate reference check and a security clearance as part of the selection process.
The closing date for applications is 28 September 2023. Late applications will not be considered.
In line with the SARB’s commitment to diversifying its workforce, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups. People with disabilities are welcome to apply.
The SARB offers remuneration and benefits commensurate with the level of the position and in line with the market. The level at which the successful applicant will be appointed will depend on his/her experience and competence.