South African Road Federation (SARF) Bursary Grant Application 2024
1. ROAD ENGINEERING(CIVIL)
- Traffic engineering
- Transportation planning
- Pavement engineering
- Bridge engineering
- Construction Materials
- Storm water.
- Construction management
2. ROAD TRANSPORT MANAGEMENT
3. ROAD TRANSPORT ECONOMICS
4. ROAD SAFETY ENGINEERING
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Bursaries are awarded for study at an approved South African university, University of
Technology or equivalent. Bursaries are awarded to National Diploma students after
having passed their first semester (S1) examination and to the Degree students after
having passed their first-year examinations
- Study at an advanced level is preferred, i.e., M.Sc., M. Tech. or above. However,
applications at undergraduate level may be considered in special circumstances.
- Full time study will be given preference but applications for part-time study or distance
learning will also be considered.
- All applications must be endorsed by the appropriate academic authority at the
establishment where the applicant proposes to study.
- The value of the bursary will depend upon the needs of the applicant and the decision of
the Council of the Federation. However, it is intended to supplement the student’s other
finances and will not be sufficient to cover all expenses. It will be paid directly to the
academic institution concerned on the bursar’s behalf.
- Applications must satisfy Council to an extent which is reasonable that they will be
working within the ambit of the South African road transport industry on completion of
- Everything being equal, preference will be given to employees of members of the South
African Road Federation.
- South African residents will be given preference however individuals from SADC countries are invited to apply.
Bursars will be expected to:
– submit six-monthly reports of study progress.
– be prepared to make a presentation to his/her local branch of the Federation on the subject of his/her study on a mutually convenient occasion. Also Read: Department of Water and Sanitation South Africa Bursary Application 2024
APPLICATIONS – close on 31 August of each year
Applications for the South African Road Federation Bursary should be made on the prescribed form available from:
South African Road Federation
48 Gladiator Street
KEMPTON PARK, 1619
P O BOX 8379
TEL : (011) 394 9025/1459
Further enquiries are welcome please E-mail : [email protected]
SOUTH AFRICAN ROAD FEDERATION