SRD Grant Application
Are you looking to apply for R350 grant online? If yes, keep reading and learn how to apply to SASSA SRD Grant Online.
The South African Social Security Agency, commonly known as SASSA has reopened applications for the Special R350 Covid-19 Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant.
SASSA has given beneficiaries access to many platforms to apply for the R350 grant as all applications must be done electronically/digitally.
HOW TO APPLY FOR SASSA R350 GRANT ONLINE
- Visit https://srd.sassa.gov.za/sc19
- Enter your mobile number
- Click “Send SMS”
- Then enter the one time pin that SASSA has sent to the number
- Continue the application process by filling in the steps required by SASSA.
HOW TO APPLY TO R350 GRANT USING FACEBOOK
- Go to the GovChat Facebook page
- Click on ‘send message’
- Send a message
- Follow the prompts
Applicants will need to supply the following details and documents:
- Identity Number or Department of Home Affairs Refugee permit number
- Name and Surname as captured in the Identity Document
- Gender and Disability
- Contact details – Cell phone number
- Residential Address
In order to access or to have the application reconsidered for the Social Relief of Distress Grant, an applicant must grant consent for SASSA to verify his or her identity, residency, income, or social security benefits.
Applicants will also need to accept the declaration and consent.
The new process will now request the applicants to provide their banking details upfront so that SASSA can process R350 grant payments as soon as they meet the criteria.
SASSA has been receiving many applications which may make the online application process slower.
The following are other methods to apply for the R350 grant:
- WhatsApp: 082 046 8553
- USSD line: Dial *134*7737#
- GovChat: https://govchat.app/login
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/govchat.org
Applicants are urged to only submit one application instead of multiple applications across the various platforms. Confirmation will be received as soon as the application has been successfully submitted.
All those who applied for the grant in the previous round are required to re-apply. Clients who previously canceled the grant, and who would like to re-activate the grant, due to a change in their circumstances are welcome to re-apply.