Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) 2022 for NYC Youth
Application are now open for Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) 2022. The Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) is the nation’s largest youth employment program, connecting NYC youth between the ages of 14 and 24 with career exploration opportunities and paid work experiences each summer.
Participants receive the opportunity to explore their interests and career pathways, develop workplace skills and engage in learning experiences that help to develop their social, civic and leadership skills.
By participating in structured project and work-based opportunities, NYC youth are better prepared for careers of the future.
What Does the Program Offer?
SYEP will give youth a unique opportunity to explore their interest and discover new ones through:
- Career Exploration: Flex your research skills and discover new career possibilities.
- Project-Based Learning: NYC Teens aged 14—15 learn about career opportunities and make a difference in their communities through paid project-based activities
- Work Experiences: Young people aged 16–24 improve their work readiness skills and explore career pathways through paid summer jobs in a variety of industries throughout NYC
- Community Building: Our democracy needs your voice. Learn valuable skills to become an active citizen at work and in your community.
- Earn Money: Get paid to participate!
Who is Eligible for Summer Youth Employment Program?
- Young people age 14 to 24
- Must be a resident of one of the five NYC boroughs
- Legally allowed to work in the US
PLEASE NOTE: that you may only submit one application for SYEP. Selection into SYEP is based on a lottery. Submission of an application does not guarantee that you will be offered a summer experience.
For more Information: Visit the website for Summer Youth Employment Program