The Chilean Agency for International Cooperation and Development (AGCID) is offering grants to pursue Master’s studies at Chilean higher education institutions in 2024.
The purpose of the AGCID Human Capital Training Programme is to contribute to the training of professionals in Master’s Programmes taught by Chilean universities or higher education institutions with a high level of excellence. The grants are offered to professionals who are citizens of South Africa, Mozambique and Angola.
More information on the Nelson Mandela 2024 Scholarship call is available below.
The deadline for applications to the Embassy of Chile in Pretoria is 10 November 2023.
Interviews by the Embassy of Chile in South Africa will take place online from the 14th – 28th November 2023.
- Professionals who are citizens of South Africa, Mozambique and Angola. Preference is given to those who work in the public or academic sector in their home country.
Applicants must have:
- experience in the subjects you choose to pursue Master’s studies in;
- unconditional acceptance offer at a Chilean higher education institution;
- 4-year university degree;
- Competency in Spanish.
Fields of study
A wide range of fields are available, please refer to the Accredited Master’s Programmes list.
What the scholarship offers
- Spanish language course;
- The cost of flights to and from Chile (and a bus fare if the students need to travel to cities without airports);
- Tuition fees for a maximum of 24 months;
- Monthly allowance of 560000 chilean pesos;
- Any medical conditions, accidents, or losses sustained while in Chile, and
- A once-off book allowance of 90000 chilean pesos.
Application process – The Chilean Nelson Mandela Scholarships 2024 for Southern Africans
Applicants must submit the AGCID Grant application with the below annex documents electronically to the e-mail [email protected].
- Letter of acceptance of the chosen study programme;
- Medical certificate – physical and mental;
- Original certificate of Professional Title or authorized copy by a public notary;
- Curriculum Vitae, with emphasis on work and academic background;
- Motivational letter containing the reasons that drive the applicant to study in Chile;
- Brief description of the possible areas and topics of the thesis;
- Academic reference letter;
- Letter of sponsorship from the employing institution (if applicable);
- Affidavit accepting the terms and conditions of the scholarship.
More information on the application process can be accessed through the link: Nelson Mandela 2024 AGCID Scholarships.
For more information about the Nelson Mandela Master’s Scholarships Programme, please contact the following email: [email protected].
Documents and links
Please note that this opportunity is not offered by the Department of Higher Education and Training. Applicants are required to undertake their own research into programmes and institutions and are responsible for ensuring that the qualifications will be recognised in South Africa by contacting the South African Qualifications Authority and the relevant professional bodies. If there are any discrepancies in the details provided, the information given by the sponsor supersedes the details provided above. No additional financial support will be provided by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
For more Information: Visit the webiste for The Chilean Nelson Mandela Scholarships 2024