THE NEDBANK EXTERNAL BURSARY PROGRAMME 2021 FOR SOUTH AFRICANS (SA)
SA BURSARIES – The Nedbank External Bursary Programme (bursary) aims to fund academically deserving students who do not have the financial means to study fulltime towards a first undergraduate degree or diploma at a South African public university or university of technology. The aim of the bursary programme is to address South Africa’s scarce-skills shortages, with a specific focus on green economy skills.
In short, green economy promotes sustaining and advancing economic, environmental and social well-being. Green-economy skills refer to those areas of study that focus on improving human well-being and social equity, while also significantly reducing environmental risks and ecological scarcities. Green-economy skills include the reducing of carbon emissions and pollution, increasing energy and materials efficiency and enhancing our natural capital.
THE NEDBANK EXTERNAL BURSARY PROGRAMME 2021 CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
1. We will only consider applications from South African citizens.
2. You must have a proven financial need, as determined by household income.
3. You must have obtained the following minimum academic results:
3.1 An average of 65% in the year that you are applying for the bursary, ie in grade 12 or at university level.
3.2 An average of 65% for the required subjects aligned to the degree you plan to study at university.
4. We will not consider applicants who completed their grade 12 or senior certificate with Mathematics Literacy.
5. You must have obtained admission to a South African public university or university of technology for the undergraduate qualification you plan to study.
Supporting documents required for your application
1. A certified copy of your South African identity card/document.
2. Your most recent academic transcript, ie:
2.1 Grade 11 final results, as well as your mid-year results if you are currently in grade 12.
2.2 Grade 12 final results as well as your mid-year results if you are currently in your first year at university.
2.3 Your last academic year results as well as your current mid-year results if you are currently in your second or third year at university.
3. The financial checks affidavit must be signed by:
3.1 your parent(s) or guardian(s);
3.2 you, the bursary applicant.
Download the affidavit here, completed it, make sure it is signed by all the parties above and add it to your application.
The screening process
1. We will only consider bursary applications submitted online via the link we have provided.
2. Incomplete bursary applications will be rejected.
3. Bursary applications will be screened and shortlisted according to the qualifying criteria listed as mentioned above.
Required supporting documents for shortlisted applicants
Parents, legal guardians and all income-earning members of a shortlisted applicant’s household must provide the following:
1. Written consent that they understand that personal information will be requested and given to third parties who will assist the Nedbank Educational Trust with verifying income.
2. Completed income and expenditure statement for the applicant’s combined household income.
3. Certified copies of the following documents in a single batch, within seven working days of the application:
3.1 Identity document(s).
3.2 Most recent payslip(s), letter(s) of employment, not older than three months, of each parent or guardian.
3.3 Proof of income, home loan account statement, and city/town council rates and taxes statement (not older than three months), if parents or guardians are informal traders or hawkers.
3.4 IRP5, IT3 and IT12 forms for the past two years, if parents or guardians are earning commission only.
3.5. An official pension slip or bank statement (not older than three months), if parents or guardians receive income in the form of pension/grant/maintenance/rent/interest from investments.
3.6. Past three months’ bank statements.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to undergo psychometric and other assessments and attend a virtual interview.
When the screening process is completed, the application forms and screening results will be presented to the Nedbank Educational Trust for review. Bursaries will be awarded at the sole discretion of the Trust.
All applicants will receive feedback about the outcome of their applications when the recruitment process is completed.
For assistance, contact the Nedbank Bursary Team:
For more Information: Visit the website for THE NEDBANK EXTERNAL BURSARY PROGRAMME 2021