Deadline: January 16, 2023.
The Stigler Center Affiliate Fellowship 2023-2024
The Stigler Center is seeking candidates for the second class of its Affiliate Fellows program. This non-resident, 3-year appointment is designed to strengthen and cultivate a multidisciplinary community of scholars worldwide working on political economy, regulatory capture, and competitive markets. The Fellowship aims will support the research of up-and-coming academics both in and outside the field of economics, and we encourage applications from scholars from law, political science, public policy and other related disciplines.
Fellows will come to Chicago to attend an annual, invite-only, in-person conference aimed at discussing and improving their early research ideas. The goal of this conference will be to bring together academics from different backgrounds to exchange experiences and spur new collaborations that will shape the future of the field of political economy broadly defined. Fellows will also participate in a new online monthly public workshop to receive feedback on their work-in-progress articles and will have access to the Stigler Center Working Paper Series and to ProMarket.org to help disseminate their research.
Overall, pre-tenure and recently tenured scholars (<5 years) from the US and worldwide are encouraged to apply. Completion of all requirements for a Ph.D. or equivalent degree (includes JD) is required at the time of appointment.
The Stigler Center is committed to expanding the voices contributing to the field of political economy. To that end, the Center actively seeks applications from academics outside the United States, academics outside the economics and finance disciplines, and academics from racial and ethnic groups underrepresented in the academic field.
Fellowship Program Benefits
- Fellows will be invited to an annual closed conference to provide time to develop and discuss early research ideas, plus create new partnerships with other academics. (Reimbursement for travel costs will be provided)
- Fellows will be invited to participate in monthly workshops to present and receive feedback on their research in a closed environment
- Fellows will have access to the Stigler Center Working Papers Series, to the ProMarket.org publication, and to other Stigler Center resources to help disseminate their research
- Fellows will gain exposure to Chicago Booth research tools, resources, and dataset
How to Apply
To be considered for the fellowship, the following items must be submitted through our online application by the deadline below:
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter (up to 2 pages) indicating interest
- Research plan (up to 4 pages), includes potential working papers to be developed during the Fellowship and their respective timelines
- One representative writing sample
- One letter of recommendation (may also be e-mailed to [email protected])
The deadline for applications is January 16, 2023. You can find more details about eligibility requirements and how to apply here.