The Tunku Abdul Rahman Undergraduate Scholarship 2021 for Malaysia Citizens
The Tunku Abdul Rahman Scholarship (BTAR) is an undergraduate degree scholarship open to high potential, deserving students with a strong ambition to contribute to the development of Malaysia.
As the TUNKU ABDUL RAHMAN SCHOLARSHIP Scholarship focuses on holistic development and value-based excellence, recipients of the Scholarship will undergo a 2-year leadership programme to make a positive impact in their communities now and in the future.
The Tunku Abdul Rahman Undergraduate Scholarship 2021 FINANCIAL SUPPORT
Full sponsorship of tuition fees in any MQA-accredited public or private university for study in Malaysia.
Monthly living allowance.
Professional development allowance for Scholars’ self-improvement. This fund can also be utilized for community projects (see below). Stationery and book allowances are also provided.
To cover other forms of expenses such as laptop purchase, thesis cost, formal clothes or flights (for flights between East and West Malaysia only).
Scholars will receive mentorship from industry professionals as well as Tunku Scholars Alumni who will provide self-development and career guidance.
Scholars will attend camps and workshops for 2 years to hone their leadership skills, critical thinking and interpersonal skills.
As part of their leadership development journey, all Scholars will be expected to create, execute and manage their own community projects under the guidance of the Foundation.
GENERAL ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Malaysian citizen.
- Age not exceeding 25 years on the closing date of the application.
Students currently pursuing an undergraduate degree at a local public and private university with at least 2 years of studies remaining.
Students who are applying to an undergraduate degree in the 2021 intake at a local private and public university.*
*NOTE: Successful applicants in this category will only be awarded a conditional scholarship offer until they have received an official offer of study from an MQA-recognized local university (public or private).
The Tunku Abdul Rahman Undergraduate Scholarship 2021 SELECTION CRITERIA
We encourage all Malaysians from all fields of study to apply as all applications will be reviewed individually and holistically by the YTAR team. Among the selection criteria that we look for in the selection process are:
- The capability to overcome challenges and persevere in setting and achieving personal goals, regardless of setbacks.
- Having leadership experience (in clubs or societies) with a specific goal in mind to influence others and drive change in Malaysia within your own personal capacity (inside and outside of the university).
03. PASSION TO LEARN
- We celebrate students with eager minds and intellectual curiosity to explore their fields of study and beyond.
04. ACADEMIC ABILITY
Paired with a passion for self-development through active participation in extracurricular activities and leadership. We consider:
- 3.00 CGPA or equivalent for Degree / STPM / Foundation / Matriculation / Diploma, OR
- BBB for A-Level
- NOTE: Driven students who do not meet the criteria above are still encouraged to apply.
05. FINANCIAL NEED
Priority will be given to students from the following categories:
- High need background with a family household income of less than RM 4,850.
- First in the family to go to university.
- Have overcome or are currently overcoming difficult life challenges.
- Any other extenuating or unique circumstances, eg students with disabilities or students residing in rural areas of Malaysia.
We strongly encourage including a letter of recommendation by your teacher / headmaster / dean or any other figure of authority in your education institution to support your application.