Timeline for South Africa Funza Lushaka 2023 Bursary Application
If you’re looking to study in 2023 and are in need of funding, then the Funza Lushaka Bursary is an option you should consider. Here is when they will open their applications as well as their eligibility requirements.
Student funding for tertiary studies is crucial if you’re looking to complete your respective course and advance yourself. This is particularly the case if you rely on bursaries to fund your studies.
The Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme is a programme that is intended to help qualified students complete a teaching degree in South Africa. After receiving the bursary, participants are required to teach in public schools for the same amount of time.
Applications for the Funza Lushaka Bursary for the 2023 academic year are due to open on Saturday 1 October. In terms of what the bursary offers, it covers tuition fees, accommodation, meals, books and learning materials, as well as an allowance for monthly living expenses where possible
In order to qualify for the bursary, prospective applicants must meet the requirements listed below:
- Be an academically exceptional student aged 30 years and below.
- Have an exemption or admission to a bachelor’s degree
- Have at least level 4 pass at matric level in the subject which leads on to the priority area/subject in which the applicant will specialise to teach
- For Foundation Phase specialisation, a pass in Mathematics or a level 4 in Mathematical Literacy at the Grade 12 level is required. Additionally, a level 4 pass in the Home Language is also required
- Students who wish to specialise in the teaching of Technology subjects, including CAT, and who do not have these subjects at matric level, must have at least a level 4 pass in Mathematics.
- Have an academic record with two Technical Subjects/modules studied up to second-year level showing a full completion of the qualification.
Applicants should also keep in mind that the bursary scheme comes in two variations, one for students enrolled in an undergraduate bachelor’s degree programme and the second for Graduate studies or One-year Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE).