Deadline: February 5, 2023
The Toronto Police Service and the Toronto Police Services Board in partnership with the Government of Ontario’s Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services are now accepting applications for the 2023 Youth in Policing Summer Program.
The mandate of the Youth in Policing Initiative is:
- To promote youth participation in and exposure to the work environment through diverse, educational and productive work assignments;
- To enhance the link between the police and the neighborhoods we serve by selecting youth reflecting our culturally diverse city;
- To provide a safe and positive employment opportunity; and
- To promote the Toronto Police Service as an employer of choice
This program enhances the link between the police and the neighbourhoods we serve. This initiative gives young people an opportunity to develop job skills while fostering positive partnerships with the Toronto Police Service.
Youth, ages 15 to 18, who reside in a Neighbourhood Improvement Area in the city, are employed through the summer and throughout the year, working alongside police officers and civilian staff in a wide range of roles.
The program is not unique to Toronto, as it was created and funded by the Ministry of Children and Youth Services, and is now used throughout the province.
Toronto Police Services Board Youth In Policing Initiative Summer Program 2023 Eligibility
- Must be a student between the ages of 15-18 years as of July 3, 2023
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Must be attending school
- Must not have previously participated in any YIPI program
- Must be successful through the employment security clearance process
- Must be able to work afterschool and weekends
- Family members of current and retired Toronto Police Service personnel are ineligible to participate in the program.
Applicants must permanently reside in Toronto in one of the Neighborhood Improvement Areas listed below:
2. Mount Olive-Silverstone-Jamestown
3. Thistletown-Beaumond Heights
43. Victoria Village
5. Elms-Old Rexdale
44. Flemingdon Park
115. Mount Dennis
6. Kingsview Village-The Westway
55. Thorncliffe Park
21. Humber Summit
61. Crescent Town
124. Kennedy Park
72. Regent Park
24. Black Creek
85. South Parkdale
25. Glenfield-Jane Heights
91. Weston-Pellam Park
136. West Hill
110. Keelesdale-Eglinton West
27. York University Heights
138. Eglinton East
139. Scarborough Village
Applications are available online at www.torontopolice.on.ca/yipi/. Applications will be accepted from Tuesday, January 3, 2023 until Sunday February 5, 2023. Paper applications will not be accepted.
Accommodation will be provided in all stages of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We thank all applicants for applying; however only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
For further information about the program or our hiring processes, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or by phone at 416-808-0185/ 416-808-7108/ 416-808-7293.
- Once your application has been successfully submitted, you will receive an e-mail confirmation within 24 hours.
- Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For more Information: Visit the website for Toronto Police Services Board Youth In Policing Initiative