Applications are now open for Transnet Sector Specific Trainee Programme 2023 for South Africans. Interested and unemployed persons are encouraged to apply.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the
designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
The closing date is on 21.11.2023. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful. Also check: SA Youth Mobi Login: Registration Password Reset and Profile Update
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email [email protected]
Operating Division : TPT POD Corporate H/O
Position Title : Sector Specific Trainee
Employee Group : Trainee
Department : People Mgmt
Location : Durban
Reporting To : Operations Manager
Grade Level : SSTFT
Reference Number : 203530
The purpose of the Training Programme is to develop a pipeline for key roles within Transnet Port Terminals (TPT) through a structured 12-month training programme. The programme seeks to place Learners in specific areas within TPT according to their academic background, career aspirations and business requirements.
Follow a structured training programme
• Undergo performance reviews and assessments
• Perform all duties as contained in his/her development programme, as well as which he/she may reasonably be required to perform by Transnet Port Terminals.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Grade 12 / Matric or NQF Level 4 Equivalent – Incumbent to be based at TPT Saldanha Terminal.
• Completed Certificate programme (logistics, operations management, or related) will be an advantage
• Time management.
• Interpersonal skills and relationship building.
• Conflict management and resolution.
• Effective writing skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Service orientated.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Computer literacy.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Packages.
• Ability to multi-task.
NB: Be able to work on heights.
***Please note that this position will be base in Saldanha Bay***