Transnet Young Professional-in-Training Programme (Corporate Affairs) X2 For South Africans
This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement:Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating Division.
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
The closing date is on 24.08.2023. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email [email protected]
Operating Division : Transnet Corporate Centre
Position Title : Young Professional
Employee Group : Trainee
Department : Corp Affairs
Location : Johannesburg
Reporting To : Snr Manager
Grade Level : YPT
Reference Number : 6014492
The incumbent should have a high level competencies in the four critical skills – listening, speaking, reading and writing and
understand activities related to corporate communication in general.
• Assist with compiling and updating media contact lists;
• Prepare media reports on assigned subjects;
• Assist with press release/media advisory writing, editing and distribution.
• Assist with media interview scheduling and coordination.
• Assist with drafting of communication plans;
• Coordinate strategic events;
• Attend and prepare communication.
• Content Creation- Develop multimedia content such as images, infographics and animations to support marketing and
• Social Media Management – Contribute to social media content creation, scheduling posts and monitoring engagement on different platforms;
• Website management – Update and maintain content on intranet and internet sites.
Content Management & Language Services
• Writing and content and the provision of editing support for readability, logic, sentence structure, spelling, accuracy, content, grammar and style, and proofreading of documents before publishing;
• Ensure the development of content to communicate Transnet initiatives internally and externally;
• Embed language diversity within the business in terms of the Official Languages Act;
• Support Corporate Affairs in executing its communication strategy.
• Implement internal communication initiatives (campaigns, newsletters and emailers);
• Develop communications annual calendar and input the communications activities in the communications calendar;
• Prepare communication plan for internal communication programmes, projects and campaigns.
• Manage stakeholder engagement activities;
• Review and coordinate corporate memberships;
• Coordinate Regional Forum activities.
• Coordinate oversite visits;
• Coordinate parliamentary visits at relevant sites;
• Coordinate parliamentary response, questions, responses and presentations.
Qualifications & Experience:
• National diploma/degree in Public Relations/Communication Science/Media Science/Journalism studies/Marketing
• Honours will be an added advantage.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Good editing skills.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize projects.
• Ability to prepare logistics for events planning.
• Good marketing skills.