U.S. Department of Energy 2023 Community College Internships (CCI) Program
U.S. Department of Energy Seeking Applicants for the Community College Internships (CCI) Program
Applications for the U.S. Department of Energy 2023 Community College Internships (CCI) Program are now open for the 2023 Spring Term. Applications are due January 10, 2023 at 5:00 PM ET. Are you a community college student pursuing a degree in science, technology, engineering, or math?
Do you want to develop and hone your technical skills at a national laboratory while learning from some of our nation’s best scientists, engineers, and technicians?
- Job ID: 66516935
- Workplace Type: On-Site
Multiple Locations, United States
- Company Name For Job: U.S. Department of Energy
- Position Title: Summer 2023 U.S. Department of Energy Community College Internships (CCI)
- Job Sector: Government
- Job Function: Research
- Job Type: Internship
Then the Community College Internships (CCI) program is for you. As a CCI participant, you’ll gain valuable hands-on experience in a technical project and build your professional network under the guidance of a mentor. You will also have opportunities to present your work to your mentors and peers, join in social activities, and engage in a variety of professional development activities to enhance your career skills.
Learn more about CCI and get your questions answered by program managers and lab representatives!
Prospective applicants and faculty are invited to attend two application assistance workshops (register here for both workshops) to learn about the CCI Program. The first workshop will introduce the program and application process and the second workshop will highlight the research opportunities and internship experience at the DOE National Labs. Attendance at the first workshop is NOT required to attend the second workshop.
The dates and times for the workshops are:
- Workshop 1: October 31, 2022 from 2:00 – 3:00 pm EST
- Workshop 2: November 7, 2022 from 3:00 – 4:00 pm EST
The CCI program is sponsored and managed by the Department of Energy (DOE) / Office of Science’s Workforce Development for Teachers and Scientists (WDTS) program in collaboration with 16 DOE national laboratories and facilities across the U.S.
U.S. Department of Energy 2023 Community College Internships (CCI) Program Benefits
- $650/week stipend
- Housing accommodations or housing allowance
- Round-trip travel reimbursement
- Ames, Iowa
- Lemont, Illinois
- Upton, NY
- San Diego, CA
- Berkeley, CA
- Los Alamos, NM
- Golden, CO
- Oak Ridge, TN
- Princeton, NJ
- Richland, WA
- Newport News, VA
U.S. Department of Energy 2023 Community College Internships (CCI) Program Requirements
- Must be a full-time community college student at an accredited institution
- Must have completed at least one semester; at least 6 credit hours in science, mathematics, engineering, or technology courses; and at least 12 credit hours towards a degree at the time of application
- Must have a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Must be at least 18 years old at the start of the internship
- Must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident at the time of application
- Must possess medical insurance during the internship
- Students may participate in CCI twice and apply a maximum of three times.
For more information about CCI, visit https://science.osti.gov/wdts/cci.