Uganda Inspectorate Of Government Recruitment for Officers x19 Vacancies 2023
|No. of Vacancies: 19||Salary Scale: IG5||Reports To: Supervisor|
Conducting Investigation work activities into malpractices in Government, collecting information, and compiling reports in line with the IG policies and procedures. The officer will work within assigned teams as necessary to investigate cases in government.
Key Result Areas:
1. Contribute towards planning work activities that will achieve the set goals for the Directorate.
2. Engage with the team to conduct investigations into cases, and carry out other relevant duties, responsibilities, and delegated tasks.
3. Collaborate effectively with the team and other necessary (internal and external) stakeholders to deliver high-quality results.
4. Comply with Organizational and Directorate procedures and standards.
The Inspectorate Officer will be responsible to the Supervisor in performing the following:-
1. Meet with the Supervisor to agree on work plans for the team in line with the Directorate goals and objectives.
2. Prepare investigation plan and budget, request for and obtain resources required to complete work activities.
3. Interview and record statements.
4. Analyse documents/Complaints/evidence and draft investigation reports.
5. Participate in coaching and training sessions, working towards improvement of the team performance.
6. Participate and sign off performance reviews; undertake agreed improvement action plans.
7. Participate in reviewing Organizational and Directorate policies, systems, processes, and standards as necessary and contribute to improvements.
8. Implement organizational and Directorate policies, systems, processes, and standards.
9. Any other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications, Competences and Experience:
a) Education Qualifications:
1. An Honors Bachelors’ Degree in any of the following fields:
* Law and a Diploma in Legal Practice
* Commerce or Business Administration (Accounting Option)
* Public Administration and Management
* Social Sciences
* Social Work and Social Administration
* Quantity Surveying
* Quantitative Economics
* Community Psychology
* Adult Education
* Finance and Accounting
* Any Engineering field of study
b) Job related experience and knowledge:
1. Basic Knowledge and understanding of the Anti-Corruption Laws and Acts.
2. Proven ability to complete assignments within given success parameters.
3. Demonstrated experience working with an Anti-Corruption Institution, Agency, or Non-Government Institution investigating corruption or corruption-related cases is an added advantage.
* Strong oral and written communication skills to present information and communicate to appropriate levels of employees and stakeholders.
* Report writing and Analytical skills.
* Proficiency in Microsoft programs.
* Commitment & Getting work done
* Proactivity & Innovation
* Learning & Resourcefulness
* Relationship Building
* Thinking and Problem Analysis
d) Age Limit: 25 – 40 years of age