Ummeed Inclusion Fellowship Program (UIFP) 2023-25
Ummeed Inclusion Fellowship Program (UIFP) is an immersive two-year experience during which the fellows will be placed in different under-resourced schools within the city of Mumbai. The objective of the UIFP is to build a cadre of Inclusion Champions who will get an opportunity to understand the grass root realities of India’s education system in the context of inclusion and strive to create an ecosystem of inclusive spaces in mainstream education.
The Inclusion Champions will be equipped to:
- Create, promote and implement effective inclusive practices.
- Create and facilitate effective trainings for different stakeholders.
- Support teachers/ resource persons to identify challenges faced by students with varied needs by conducting Informal assessments and observations.
- Support teachers/ resource persons to create and implement individualised education plans for children with varied needs.
- Support stakeholders by creating safe spaces to facilitate reflective conversations.
- Identify partners and leverage shared strengths to deepen and scale impact.
- Belief in the philosophy of inclusion and that all students can learn irrespective of their diverse needs
- Creativity and flexibility in supporting children within school systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with diverse teams
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent documentation skills
- Attention to detail and strong planning and organization skills
- Ability to be reflective
- Fluency in Hindi/Marathi
- Knowledge of different types of school systems
Upcoming Workshop Dates: 1st April 2023
Duration: 2 Years
Who can apply: ● Minimum B.Ed./ Masters in Special Education /Masters in Psychology AND Minimum two years of teaching experience. OR ● Two years of Fellowship in the space of Education. (Candidates with volunteering experience in the space of Education and Disabilities are also welcome to apply)