UGANDA NATIONAL EXAMINATIONS BOARD ONLINE APPLICATION FOR UCE ITEM WRITERS
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced teachers who are implementing the NEW LOWER SECONDARY SCHOOL CURRICULUM.
They will be trained in generating items for the assessment during the 1ST TERM HOLIDAYS IN MAY.
Apply via: https://examinations.uneb.ac.ug
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION:30th April 2023
UNEB was established by an Act of Parliament in 1983, Cap 137 Laws of Uganda; legalizing all actions taken with effect from 1st July 1980 when it effectively started operating. The Board is a body corporate mandated to conduct and manage examinations in Uganda for the end of the educational cycle at Primary and Secondary school level: and to conduct examination-related research.
STATUTORY FUNCTIONS OF UNEB
The functions of UNEB are to:
- conduct primary, secondary, and such other examinations within Uganda as it may consider desirable in the public interest;
- publish past examination papers;
- award certificates to successful candidates in such examinations;
- invite anybody or bodies outside Uganda, as it may think fit, and to jointly conduct academic and other examinations;
- award acceptable certificates to successful candidates jointly with the invited bodies;
- invite other bodies, as it may think fit, to conduct examinations and award acceptable certificates or diplomas;
- advise anybody or bodies so invited under paragraph (f) upon the adoption of examinations necessary for the requirements of Uganda and to assist any such body or bodies to conduct such examinations;
- make arrangements for the conduct of research and development of examination systems;
- make rules regulating the conduct of examinations and for all purposes incidental thereto.