United Nation Jobs- Volunteering Opportunities at United Nations 2020 (Fully funded)
About UN Volunteer Programmes
As an international UN Volunteer, you will learn about different cultures, expand your networks, study or perfect foreign languages and gain matchless professional and life experiences.
Volunteering abroad is an unbeatable opportunity to serve as a global citizen. International UN Volunteers promote peace and development in communities around the globe, while upholding the ideals and aspirations of the United Nations.
International UN Volunteers come from 160 countries, representing many cultures and backgrounds. They bring a wide variety of perspectives and approaches which lends a dynamism to the experience.
Your international UN Volunteer assignment will make a lasting impact. It can create a ripple effect that extends far beyond the immediate results of your efforts – both for the people you serve and yourself.
Why volunteer abroad?
As an international UN Volunteer, you will learn about different cultures, expand your networks, study or perfect foreign languages and gain matchless professional and life experiences. Working in another country gives you the opportunity to step outside your comfort zone, to learn new approaches to tasks and problems and to operate in different environments.
You will enter the singular domain of global citizenship. Facing challenges together with community members and fellow United Nations workers often creates life-long bonds.
After working in a foreign country, you can be sure your curriculum vitae will stand out. Employers appreciate the ability to adapt, to think outside the box and to embrace diversity. The enriched professional and life experiences gained through volunteering will not go unnoticed.
Volunteering abroad is an unparalleled opportunity to do something meaningful and to support peace and development initiatives in countries that need them most. And by giving back you will gain an incredible sense of fulfilment, which will pay dividends for the rest of your life.
International UN Volunteers support local volunteer initiatives, strengthen community capacities, foster ownership and sustainability of development activities and contribute toward the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
You will work actively with United Nations development and peacekeeping partners and within communities, responding to development priorities and needs in countries facing poverty and socio-economic challenges, humanitarian crises, conflict and post-conflict situations and those of fragile peace. Through your expertise, you will enable the effective delivery of programmes and mandates of partner United Nations entities.
Benefits for Volunteering with the United Nations
The selected applicants shall gain:
- Volunteer living allowance that shall cover basic expenses;
- Travel expenses;
- Settling-in-grant, which is calculated on the duration of the assignment and paid at the beginning of the assignment;
- Life, health and permanent disability insurances;
- Annual leave;
- Resettlement allowance, which is calculated based on the duration of the assignment and paid upon satisfactory completion of the assignment.
The minimum requirements to serve as an international UN Volunteer are:
- 25 years old and older (no upper age limit)
- university degree or higher technical diploma
- at least two years of relevant work experience in a professional background
- good working knowledge of at least one of UNV’s three working languages: English, French or Spanish
- commitment to the values and principles of volunteerism
- ability to work in a multicultural environment
- willingness to work with people and local organizations to draw upon the synergies between expert solutions and local knowledge
- ability to adjust in difficult living conditions and sometimes remote locations
- strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- prior volunteering and/or working experience in a developing country is an asset
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE UNITED NATION (UN) VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
We regularly publish selected volunteer opportunities. You must first create your profile in the UNV Global Talent Pool to apply. Some assignments are not published because they are filled by candidates whose profiles are matched directly from our Global Talent Pool. Some sponsored assignments may have additional eligibility criteria, which you will find in the PDF file linked to the special call.
For more Information: Visit the webpage for Volunteering Opportunities at United Nations (Fully funded)