Deadline: November 5th 2020
United Nations /European Union Climate Innovation Labs 2020 Application
Revolving around two three-day online events, one in Africa and another one in Asia Pacific, Climate Innovation Labs will give a chance to its participants to work side-by-side with climate technology experts from small and medium-sized enterprises to explore innovative design thinking tools, flexing their entrepreneurial muscle and creating solutions for enhanced climate action.
- Between 20 and 30 years old
- Fluent in the English language
- Attending or have completed higher education
- Aspiring or early-stage entrepreneurs or students interested in launching an idea on climate change and building entrepreneurial muscle
- Passionate about solving climate technology needs and challenges in Africa or Asia Pacific, especially those listed in the focus challenges below
Climate Innovation Labs 2020 Application Focus Challenges
- You will have the opportunity to work with climate technology experts on one of these challenges.
- Climate change effects
- Drought, floods, deforestation, heatwaves, landslides
- Access to capital and partnership
- Lack of human resources knowledgeable about climate technology
- Lack of infrastructure to enable sustainable growth in the sector
- Lack of awareness about the impact of climate change
- Access to raw materials and equipment to build products used in climate change mitigation
- Access to scientific laboratories
What can you win?
You’ll get a chance to receive follow-on support to implement and scale your solution through a 6-8 week Climate Innovation Academy Program delivered by Seedstars.
This is a perfect chance to turn your idea into a real business thanks to the expertise and mentorship provided throughout the virtual program!
- 16th October- Launch Of Open Call
- 5th November- Close Of Application
- 19 – 21st November -Africa Launchpad
- 3 -5th December -Asia Pacific Launchpad
- January-April -Academy Program
- Better understand the needs faced by SMEs in addressing climate change
- Understand how innovative solutions can be a key force in tackling climate change challenges
- Learn the lean startup methodology and execution of theory
- Learn tools and frameworks to build and test, including hypothesis testing with customers
- Learn how to pitch their idea to a jury and receive feedback from peers & mentors.
Climate Innovation Labs 2020 Application
For more Information: Visit the webpage for United Nations /European Union Climate Innovation Labs 2020