UONGOZI Institute 2021-2022 Postgraduate Diploma in Leadership for Tanzanians
UONGOZI Institute invites applications from Tanzanian senior leaders in the public, private and civil society organisations for a one-year Executive Programme, Postgraduate Diploma in Leadership. The programme, undertaken in collaboration with Aalto University Executive Education of Finland (Aalto EE), includes 10 modules that are run over the course of one year. Each module runs for one month, consisting of 2-3 days in-class workshops and online individual or group assignments.
The programme aims to develop leadership competencies in three areas; making strategic choices, leading people and other resources and excelling in personal leadership qualities. It is designed for leaders who want to propel their professional development without putting their careers on hold. It encourages participants to challenge their thinking as they broaden their competencies in visioning, planning and inspiring others through advanced strategic communication. It also motivates participants to become better designers and innovators of effective structures and systems for better results. The programme instructors are world-class professors and experts in leadership from around the world.
Dar es Salaam and Arusha (Specific location will be determined for each module).
Completion of the Programme requires attending all modules and completing several written pre- and post-assignments and four graded exams. On successful completion, candidates will earn 18 European credits; all of which are transferrable to the Aalto EE Executive MBA programme or Aalto EE MBA programme.
The tuition fee for the programme is EUR 8,000. It covers lectures, workshops, tutorials, programme literature, stationery, access to e-learning platform and UONGOZI Institute library, as well as meals and refreshments during training hours. It however does not cover daily subsistence allowance (DSA), transport and on-transit expenses, as well as incidental and medical expenses. UONGOZI Institute will offer a limited number of merit-based scholarships, including 50% and full tuition awards, to allow as many leaders as possible to receive this prestigious diploma.
- Candidate’s Curriculum Vitae (not exceeding 2 pages)
- Cover letter (not exceeding one page)
- An essay (between 450 – 500 words) explaining the candidate’s leadership successes, challenges and motivation for applying for the programme
- Reference letter indicating sponsorship commitment signed by the candidate and his/her sponsor
- Certified copies of original academic certificates. UONGOZI Institute reserves the rights to verify certificates with issuing institution.
- Commitment letter from the employer to confirm the applicant’s full participation in the programme.
Selection criteria for UONGOZI Institute 2021-2022 Postgraduate Diploma in Leadership for Tanzanians
- Minimum five years of work experience in a managerial or senior specialist position
- Bachelor’s degree
- Advanced command of written and spoken English
- Excellent computer skills
- Proficiency in writing academic papers
Please note that the registration process is complete only when all balances have been remitted.
How to Apply for UONGOZI Institute 2021-2022 Postgraduate Diploma in Leadership for Tanzanians
Applications must be received by Sunday, 28 February, 2021 at 23:00 hours (EAT). Applications received after this deadline will not be considered. For more information about this programme, please visit www.uongozi.or.tz/postgraduate-diploma. Only successful candidates will be contacted.