Deadline: November 11, 2022.
Virginia Personal Finance Teacher Fellowship Program 2023
The Virginia Personal Finance Teacher Fellowship Program seeks to support school divisions with high concentrations of provisionally licensed teachers and schools in which 40% or more of the student population receive free or reduced lunch by increasing access to quality personal finance education. This cohort of highly-qualified Personal Finance Teacher Fellows will offer personal finance professional development and resources to other teachers in their school, school division, and region. In this way, the VCEE can dedicate more personal finance resources where they will have a meaningful impact.
- Earn additional income ($1,500)
- Earn recertification hours for the orientation and training program (3 hours)
- Receive recognition as a Virginia Personal Finance Teacher Fellow to build professional resume
- Form a professional learning network and community of practice with other Virginia Personal Finance Teacher Fellows to further his/her own professional development
- All training, workshop, webinar, and event expenses are covered, including travel, supplies, instructional resources, and snacks/beverages
- Receive a scholarship to attend the annual Council on Economic Education (CEE) Financial Literacy and Economic Education Conference or sign up for National Association of Economic Educators (NAEE) membership
- Receive invitations and recognition at VCEE special events (e.g., Stock Market Game™ (SMG) Awards Program and VCEE Teacher Awards Program)
- Successfully complete the orientation and training program (3 hours)
- Attend at least 6 hours of additional VCEE professional development programs
- Prepare for and teach at least 2 hours of approved professional development using Financial Fitness for Life curricula to a minimum of 10 teachers in your school, division, and/or region
- Participate in 1 VCEE sponsored student program—Stock Market Game™ (5 student-teams paid for) or Governor’s Challenge on Economics & Personal Finance (at least two teams)
- Submit required program-related online forms
- Teaches in or has access to a school in which 40% or more of the student population receive free or reduced lunch OR provisionally licensed teachers
- A licensed teacher with a minimum of 3 years of full-time classroom instruction that consistently integrates personal finance
- Successfully complete a VCEE Personal Finance Institute and/or pass the W!SE exam by the end of year one of the fellowship
- Support from your direct supervisor
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2022.