Applications are open for Visa Business Solutions Winter Internships For South African Current Students. Interested persons are encouraged to apply.
- Johannesburg, South Africa
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Visa Internship Program is the biggest step you can take to joining our Revolution of Payments Innovation. Throughout the 12 weeks at Visa, you will take on meaningful work, get executive exposure, engage in out-of-the-box problem solving, and participate in social and community service activities. From technology to business, we are looking for people who can innovate, collaborate, and drive Visa into the next era of an already rapidly evolving digital marketplace. If you’re up for the challenge, please consider joining our team.
The Visa Business Solutions (VBS) team is a world-class commercial organization experiencing tremendous, double-digit growth as we expand into new payment flows and continue to grow our core card solutions. Our clients and partners deploy our solutions to serve the needs of Small Businesses, Middle Market Clients, Large Corporate Clients and Governments. We work closely with Financial Institutions, Issuers, Merchants, FinTechs and other ecosystem players to deliver these services. We believe that the market is at an inflection point whereby Visa can play a larger role in building and delivering solutions around the world. Our focus within Business Solutions is to identify needs, assess opportunities and options and quickly act upon our vision while ensuring strong execution.
The intern will be involved in the following:
- Identify opportunities for Visa to deepen its engagement footprint for SMEs
- Research and identify client needs and solution gaps that can be profitably met with new product launches or existing product enhancements
- Prepare an execution go-to-market plan for the proposed solution
Visa Business Solutions Winter Internships For South African Current Students Qualifications
- Students pursuing a Bachelor’s, Honors or Masters Degree with a graduation date in summer 2025 or 2026
- Be available to pursue a winter internship (June 4 to August 29th)
- Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills
- All disciplines welcome to apply
- Strong PowerPoint and excel skills are desired
- Superior analytical and financial analysis skills
- Strong collaboration skills with a diverse peer group required
- Able to articulate viewpoint effectively to key stakeholders in order to get buy in and agreement
- Self-confident and hands-on, with the ability to operate in a fast paced and constantly changing work environment
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.