Closing Date 2023/10/06
Applications are open for Volkswagen Group South Africa Young Professional Development Programme.
Job Title Product & Marketing Analyst (Young Professional Development Programme)
Job Type Strategic Talent Pool
Location – Country South Africa
Location – Province Gauteng
Location – Town / City Sandton
Type of Position:
Volkswagen Group South Africa has a proud and attestable history of commitment to sustainable transformation, and has firmly entrenched the belief that investment in people development is a strategic investment in the future. We are looking for young professionals who have the energy and determination to pursue a successful, long-term career, and whom have the desire to seek opportunities to learn, develop, take responsibility, and grow into leadership. If you have two to three years Post Grad working experience and are looking at advancing your career, we invite you to apply for a position on our Young Professional development programme
We are looking at placing a Young Professional in our NSO VW Commercial Vehicles Division.
Job Description and Responsibilities
• Collating data from Importers on market and competitor activity to benchmark VWCV products vs. competitor offerings.
• Coordinating and preparing product proposals and strategy documents for various meeting and media engagements.
• Pro-active implementation of product and model year (MY) changes, particularly the communication thereof through customer-facing channels (e.g. website, point-of-sale material and other digital platforms).
• Developing product information bulletins for the Importers/Dealer Network regarding all product innovations or changes.
• Coordinating and implementing the specification for all models utilising the Group Sales Product Management system and understanding the systems within the full product management value chain.
• Co-ordinating and replying to product-related customer queries from the Importer/Dealer and Customer Interaction Centre (CIC), where applicable.
• Supporting the Pricing and Supply Chain Analyst to ensure correct price positioning and model build-up for all products relative to competitors.
• Assisting with planning and executing new product launches, motor shows and other brand events.
• Developing and distributing campaign information and advertising bulletins to ensure up-to-date information is provided to Importers/Dealers.
• Ordering and distributing point-of-sale material for each brand product to Importers/Dealers to assist in vehicle sales.
• Planning, co-ordinating and monitoring Importer/Dealer advertising, events and promotions, including checking and approving Dealer advertisements.
• Co-ordinating implementation of CRM strategies and campaigns.
Education and Experience
• National Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Marketing / Finance / Commerce or equivalent.
• 2-3 years’ experience in Product Marketing within a Sales & Marketing corporate environment.
Skills, Attributes & Other requirements
• Must have sound understanding of product homologation processes and requirements in support of product retailing.
• Must have sound understanding of brands and brand values
• Must have creative flair and be innovative.
• Must have strong people orientation and be a team player.
• Ability to listen and communicate effectively at all levels.
• Ability and inclination to work with detail.
• Excellent computer skills ( Microsoft Office)
• Excellent command of English language.
• Ability to negotiate and form sound working relationships at all levels.
• Must have high level of detail consciousness and accuracy.
• Must be a self-starter with ability to operate independently.
• Sub-Sahara Africa experience
Successful applicants will be placed into full time positions from day one, and will be supported by our Learning Academy and Line Management in ensuring the development of further competencies, exposing you to our business, and gearing you towards a long term and rewarding career.