Deadline: 15th August 2021
WE Africa Leadership Program 2022 for Women in Executive-level leadership
WE Africa is for women working for the environment who wish to transform the future of African conservation and environmental work. Supported by an extensive network of practitioners, Indigenous community leaders, scientists, academics, gender researchers, business leaders, and professional coaches across Africa and internationally, we have designed a fresh and relevant model of leadership development tailored to the individual and the environmental sector in Africa.
WE Africa Leadership Program 2022 for Women in Executive-level leadership Eligibility:
The WE Africa year long transformative leadership journey is for women who meet the following criteria:
- African nationals, current citizens of a country in Africa, or those who have had permanent residency in Africa for a minimum of 15 years
- A minimum of 15 years of experience working in the environmental space in government, NGO, or private sector in Africa including at least 5 years serving in a senior leadership role*
- A commitment to investing in your personal growth and participation for the full 12-month program
- A record of mentorship and desire to support future environmental leaders
- Access to reliable internet
- Able to speak and understand English conversationally
- A commitment to: 1) contribute USD $500 toward the cost of the course to secure your place; and 2) cover your travel costs to two in-person retreats for an estimated $1,500. Together your contribution represents approximately 15% of the course value.
*If you do not meet the requirements from the second point above, you may provide an explanation in the application about why you believe you are eligible.
WE Africa Leadership Program offers:
- Membership in a community of passionate, experienced African women who are some of the most senior leaders in the environmental sector today
- Access to twelve months of 1:1 leadership coaching
- An opportunity to create a new leadership vision for yourself and to pursue personalized leadership development activities to realize that vision
- Monthly online sessions designed to fit around and complement your work
- Two in-person retreats for intensive community-building and personal and collective growth
Please note the timeline for this year’s application review process:
15 July – Application Open
15 August – Deadline for Application Submissions
13 September – Final Round Top 30 Candidates Notified for Interviews
Late September/Early October – Final Round Interviews Conducted
15 November – Public announcement of 2022 Fellows
Please note: The deadline for applications is Sunday, 15 August by midnight East Africa Time. If you have questions about this application, please contact us at: [email protected].
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the WE Africa’s Leadership Program 2022