Who Qualifies for DBE PYEI PHASE 3
The Education Department has confirmed that Phase three of the Presidential Youth Employment Initiative (PYEI) in the Basic Education Sector will commence from 1 April 2022.
The frequently asked questions have been addressed on this page regarding the Presidential Youth Employment Initiative in the Basic Education Sector.
WHO QUALIFIES TO BE IN PHASE 3
- Are at age 18 — 35 years (18 or above when applying, or 34 years turning 35 on or before end of March 2023),
- Residing in South Africa with a valid RSA ID book or valid passport and work permit;
- Residing at the location of the school (5 — 8 km radius);
- The only one with this opportunity at home (one opportunity per household); Meet the requirements per category and sub-category applied for;
- Attended work all days and performed the work assigned to them;
- NOT in Education, NOT in Employment and NOT in Training (NEET) — not involved in any form of studies for the entire period;
- NOT studying part-time or full-time.
- NOT receiving government grants (NSFAS, Funza Lushaka, including R350 COVID-19 grant);
- NOT receiving any other form of STIPEND, WAGE or SALARY;
- DO NOT have criminal record/s;
- Was not unfairly advantaged above others due to staff members (SMT or SGB) knowing them;
- NOT participating in any Learnership; Attended all the compulsory training and received certificates (Generic Orientation, SOP for COVID-19, NSSF.);
- and Was not involved in misconduct during Phase I or II.