Who Qualifies For Teaching Assistant Jobs In Phase 3 South Africa
As youth unemployment continues to soar in South Africa, several employment initiatives were introduced by the government to remedy the issue.
According to Statistics South Africa (StatsSA), youth aged 15-24 years and 25-34 years recorded the highest unemployment rates of 66.5% and 43.8% respectively in the third quarter of 2021.
One initiative aimed at reducing unemployment in the country is the Presidential Youth Employment Initiative (PYEI) .
The PYEI in the Basic Education sector created around 280 000 employment opportunities for general school assistants and education assistant vacancies. The project will enter its third phase in April 2022.
Who Qualifies For Teaching Assistant Jobs In Phase 3
- Are Between the age of 18 and 35 years old. (18 or above when applying, or 34 turning 35 before end of March 2023);
- Are Residing in South Africa with a valid RSA ID card, book or valid passport and work permit;
- are Residing in a location within a 5-8 kilometre radius of the the school
- Are the only one with this opportunity at home (One Opportunity per household);
- Meet the requirements per category and sub-category applied for;
- Attended work all days and performed the work assigned to them;
- Are Not in Education, Not in Employment and Not in Training (NEET), you can not be involved in any form of studies for the entire period;
- Are Not studying part-time or fill-time
- Are Not participating in a Learnership
- Are Not receiving government grants including NSFAS, Funza Lushaka, including R350 Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant.
- Are Not receding any other form of Stipend, wage or salary;
- Don’t have a criminal record;
- Was not unfairly advantaged above others due to staff members (SMT or SGB) knowing them;
- Attended all the compulsory training and received certificates(Generic Orientation, SOP for Covid-19, NSSF) and
- Was not involved in misconduct during Phase 1 or 2