Wildscreen Festival Nairobi 2023 Bursary Application for Africans
Wildscreen is supporting at least two bursaries for individuals based in Kenya and at least two for individuals based elsewhere in Africa. Please read the eligibility criteria on the next page of this form carefully ahead of applying to ensure that you are eligible to do so.
Fully funded, festival bursaries include;
- A full festival pass to Wildscreen Festival Nairobi 2023
- Travel to and from Wildscreen Festival Nairobi (Alliance Française)
- Accommodation for the entirety of the festival (Friday 30th June – Saturday 1st July)
- Per diem allowance
- 1 Year of Wildscreen Network Membership
- Access to the Wildscreen Emerging Talent Alumni Network Deadline 12pm EAT Thursday 1st June 2023
The Serious Stuff
The successful recipients will receive (i) a full pass for the 2023 Wildscreen Festival Nairobi (ii) Hotel accommodation in Nairobi at an establishment of Wildscreen’s choosing for the duration of the Festival (maximum 3 nights) (iii) one return economy flight (including taxes) from their regional airport (or alternative as agreed with Wildscreen) to Nairobi [if applicable, other modes of transport will be prioritised if available/accessible] (iv) transfers to and from the airport to selected hotel (v) a daily per diem for food expenses (please note that lunch is provided at the festival venue) (vi) Membership to the Wildscreen Emerging Talent Alumni Network (vii) 1 Year of Wildscreen Network Membership .
To be eligible to apply for a bursary you must;
- Have been born, and be currently living in Africa
- Have had at least 12 months of experience within the wildlife filmmaking industry and/or conservation industry (paid or unpaid)
- Have no criminal record and have not previously been convicted of a criminal offense.
- Possess a good level of understanding of the English language as all Festival content is delivered in English.
- Be able to attend the Wildscreen Festival Nairobi from 30th June – 1st July 2023 inclusive. Please do not apply if you are not able to attend these dates.
- Hold a current passport and/or visa for travel and entry to Kenya valid for the duration of the Festival. Please note that we are unable to sponsor visas.
- Be able to prove that the work presented is your own.
- Not have attended the Wildscreen Festival previously as a delegate or received a Wildscreen.
- Be aged 18 or over
Applicants do not need a university degree or to have held a paid role previously within the industry in order to apply for this bursary but a passion to pursue a career in natural world storytelling is essential!
Applications from individuals at entry and early career stages, individuals transferring careers or individuals from underserved communities will be prioritised.
Please proceed to the next page to begin your application.