WITS University Application 2023
The University of the Witswatersrand, better known as Wits, produces more millionaires than any other university in SA. If you want to be a part of that statistic one day, apply now!
Wits offers undergraduate degrees and postgraduate degrees and diplomas, as well as a range of short courses and part-time and online offerings. Applications for the 2023 academic year are now open.
Wits University has 5 faculties encompassing the Sciences, Commerce, Law, Management, Engineering, Health Sciences and Humanities with 33 schools offering over 3000 courses.
- Commerce, Law and Management: Accountancy, Business Sciences, Economics and Finance, Law, Wits Business School, Wits School of Governance
- Engineering and the Built Environment: Architecture and Planning, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Chemical & Metallurgical Engineering, Construction Economics & Management, Electrical & Information Engineering, Mechanical, Industrial & Aeronautical Engineering, Mining Engineering
- Health Sciences: Anatomical Sciences, Clinical Medicine, Oral Health Sciences, Pathology, Physiology, Public Health, Therapeutic Sciences
- Humanities: Wits School of Arts, Wits School of Education, Human and Community Development, Literature, Language and Media, Social Sciences
- Science: Animal, Plant and Environmental Science, Chemistry, Computer Science and Applied Mathematics, Geography, Archaeology and Environmental Sciences, Geosciences, Mathematics, Molecular and Cell Biology, Physics, Statistics and Actuarial Science
Application Closing Dates
- 30 June 2022 – Faculty of Health Sciences (all programmes); Bachelor of Architecture; Bachelor of Audiology, Bachelor of Speech-Language Pathology; BA Film and TV
- 30 September 2022 – All other University programmes
How To Apply to Wits
- Go to www.wits.ac.za/applications/
- Choose your pgrogrammes
- You may apply for a maximum of three programmes
- Upload supporting documents
- Current Matriculants: Upload your final Grade 11 Results. The results must be certified and bear your school stamp.
- Already Matriculated: Upload certified copies of all your matric certificates/foreign school leaving certificates. A physical/hard copy of the certificates, originally certified, must be submitted to the Wits Student Enrolment Centre (SEnC), Ground Floor, Solomon Mahlangu House (Senate House), Wits University via hand delivery, registered mail or courier.
- Other Tertiary Institutions: Upload a certified copy of academic records for ALL tertiary registrations, inclusive of statement/certificate of good conduct, stamped by the institution’s registrar.
- Pay application fee
- Submit application
- Access the self-service portal
- If you’re accepted, you’re going to need to accept or reject the offer.
You will receive an email from the University acknowledging receipt of your application. The acknowledgment email will contain a person number.
- Non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens
- Non-refundable application fee for foreign citizens of R700
- Payments to be made before closing dates.
- Use your T Number or Person Number as reference
- Deposit exact amount into the University’s Application Fee account
- Scroll down on this webpage for payment details
Additional Forms and Selection Procedures
- All applicants to BSc, Health Sciences, Speech-Language Pathology, Audiology, and Social Work must write their NBTs.
- Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology applicants as well as Health Science applicants are required to write the NBT on or before 14 August 2022.
- Social Work applicants are required to write the NBT before 31 October 2022.
- BSc applicants must write both NBT tests.
- Engineering and the Built Environment
- Bachelor of Architectural Studies – application exercises
- Health Sciences: Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy applicants are also required to complete observation hours and submit the below Certificate of Attendance.