Deadline: 16:00 on Wednesday 31 August
WWF Environmental Leaders 2023 Graduate Internship Programme for South Africans
Gain valuable experience, network in professional communities of practice and participate in meaningful work for the environment.
If you have graduated in the natural, legal, engineering, arts, business or social sciences, we invite you to apply for an internship with WWF, South Africa’s 2023 Environmental Leaders Graduate Internship Programme.
The World Wide Fund for Nature, South Africa (WWF, South Africa) is a leading global environmental organisation with a vision of a future in which people and nature thrive. To realise this vision, WWF, South Africa invests in the development of future leaders for the environment through a year-long graduate internship placement, from 1 April 2023 to 31 March 2024.
Interns are placed with WWF, South Africa’s environmental programmes and partner organisations associated with our work. Working with a dedicated and trained mentor, you will have an opportunity to get involved with the work of the organisation with which you are placed and interact with professionals pursuing the same vision of a better world for all.
To apply you would ideally have
- Completed a post graduate degree in the natural, legal, engineering. arts, business and/or social sciences. First degree graduates are considered only In the case of exceptional academic achievement.
- A commitment to career development in the environment sector.
- A demonstrated and clearly articulated commitment to a better and sustainable world for all.
- A record of exceptional academic and professional achievement.
- Exceptional leadership potential.
- Southern African citizenship.
To support the growth of inclusivity and diversity in the environment sector, Black South African graduates are strongly encouraged to apply.
To submit an Application
Download and complete the application form.
Review the placement opportunities below and then motivate for your three preferred placements, In the application form.
Attach the following documents to support your application
• Certified copy of your ID or passport.
• Certified copy / copies of your academic transcripts only. Certificates need not be included.
• An abridged CV of no more than 2 pages.
Please merge these documents and save using your name and surname as the file name.
Do not submit any additional documentation with your application, other than those specified.
▪ Submit your completed application, with supporting documentation, by email to
Mrs. Lameez Bayat-Janson at WOVF, South Africa.